Mailing List Archive

Testing a license
Hey all,

I am quoting for a customer overseas in Asia where the kit being delivered
will come from a nearby country.

I am suggesting a "One year security subscription for Enterprise - includes
Sophos AV, Enhanced WF, Sophos AS , and IDP on SRX 240" for the SRX240.

But, I want to test the configuration locally here in Australia.

Can I put the licensing on my SRX240 in my lab, configure everything up,
then remove it for installation in the remote country by our local guys?

*Skeeve Stevens, CEO*
eintellego Pty Ltd
skeeve@eintellego.net ; www.eintellego.net <http://www.eintellego.net.au>

Phone: 1300 753 383 ; Fax: (+612) 8572 9954

Cell +61 (0)414 753 383 ; skype://skeeve

facebook.com/eintellego

twitter.com/networkceoau ; www.linkedin.com/in/skeeve

PO Box 7726, Baulkham Hills, NSW 1755 Australia

The Experts Who The Experts Call
Juniper - Cisco – IBM
Re: Testing a license [ In reply to ]
Damnit. OK. Juniper, here I come ;-)

Re: Testing a license [ In reply to ]
On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 7:14 AM, Skeeve Stevens <
skeeve+junipernsp@eintellego.net> wrote:

> I am suggesting a "One year security subscription for Enterprise - includes
> Sophos AV, Enhanced WF, Sophos AS , and IDP on SRX 240" for the SRX240.
>
> But, I want to test the configuration locally here in Australia.
>
> Can I put the licensing on my SRX240 in my lab, configure everything up,
> then remove it for installation in the remote country by our local guys?

No (as others have already mentioned), but if memory serves you can get a
trial license that will last 30 days - you might even be able to do that
once/year per device.

:w
Re: Testing a license [ In reply to ]
You can always ask your Account Manager for an another trial licence after 30 days. I had no issues obtaining extra licences

Re: Testing a license [ In reply to ]
Thanks all for the advice