Mailing List Archive

dynamic flow control process (High Memory)
Hi All

We have an M10i router running 10.2R3.10 (512M RAM) ((uptime two years))
with high memory utilization as follow:

show chassis routing-engine à Memory utilization 95 percent

show system processes extensive à 1317 root 1 96 0 372M 363M
select 39:09 0.00% dfcd

it has been noted that the dynamic flow control process (dfcd) is taking
372M of the memory.

Another thing we've checked another router which was rebooted recently and
it was OK,,, memory utilization 45% and dfcd allocation is only 30M

Any ideas !!!!

Thank you in advance

M. Salbad

Re: dynamic flow control process (High Memory) [ In reply to ]
Dear Salbeeso,

Just try to upgrade the software .

Re: dynamic flow control process (High Memory) [ In reply to ]
Hi Mohammad,

I agree that an upgrade is your best bet. There is a matching PR:
https://prsearch.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=prcontent&id=PR562242

"DFCD memory slowly increasing if running dfcd without any trigger, or
without dynamic-flow-capture configuration"
Resolved In 10.2R4 10.3R2 10.3R3 10.4R1 11.1R1

HTH
--
Graham Brown
Twitter - @mountainrescuer <https://twitter.com/#!/mountainrescuer>