upgrade needs reboot ? Can anyone puts 'show version' from CER which
was upgraded from BASE to PREMIUM ?

Thanks!
Re: Advanced Services Premium upgrade license for CER [ In reply to ]
Newer releases of IronWare on CER/CES support upgrading via software
license keys. Older releases require installing hardware.

Re: Advanced Services Premium upgrade license for CER [ In reply to ]
On Mar 11, 2012, at 6:19 AM, Robert Hass wrote:

> Hi
> Anyone on the list did upgrade from BASE to PREMIUM license on CER
> 2024/2048 platform ?
>
> I did some licenses upgrades on FastIrons'a but using EEPROMs
> installed in hardware. Never did with software licenses. Is this
> upgrade needs reboot ? Can anyone puts 'show version' from CER which
> was upgraded from BASE to PREMIUM ?

Before:
telnet@NetIron CER 2024F#show ver
System: NetIron CER (Serial #: ########, Part #: 40-1000618-01)
License: RT_SCALE (LID: ########)

After:
telnet@NetIron CER 2024F#sh ver
System: NetIron CER (Serial #: ########, Part #: 40-1000618-01)
License: RT_SCALE, ADV_SVCS_PREM (LID: ########)

The upgrade does not require a reboot. You get a paper that has your transaction key on it, go to my.brocade.com , license management, type in the LID and the paper key, and it emails you an xml file that you must tftp to the CER. Then done.

Re: Advanced Services Premium upgrade license for CER [ In reply to ]
On 13/03/2012 4:59 AM, Matt Kassawara wrote:
> Newer releases of IronWare on CER/CES support upgrading via software
> license keys. Older releases require installing hardware.

We are still getting hardware (namely CES 2024F) that require the EEPROM
upgrade from time to time. I have a feeling they still have some old kit
they are getting rid of. Anyone know if there are any differences in the
hardware versions between them? Obviously our Brocade rep assured us
they are the same.

-James.

PS. Much prefer the license upgrade in software, first time I have
bothered using a anti-static band was upgrading one of these things.