If some switches under FWSs are Cisco and want to use VTP, how can it
interact with MRP?

Best regards,
Re: GVRP with MRP [ In reply to ]
* mrxlazuardin@gmail.com (Lazuardi Nasution) [Mon 20 Jun 2011, 19:14 CEST]:
>I need some examples about implementing GVRP/GARP with MRP ring. All
>ring nodes are FWS and there is more than one ring. Some FWSs are
>connected to more than one ring. I don't understand how to
>dynamically put some VLANs to be MRP VLAN members.

I'm not aware of any functionality that feeds back information from
GARP into a topology-group.

>If some switches under FWSs are Cisco and want to use VTP, how can
>it interact with MRP?

I've not tried this but if you single-home those Ciscos (i.e., don't
create loops) it should work out. MRP doesn't need to be configured
on any intermediary devices anyway; so as long as the VLAN carrying
MRP health packets isn't interrupted, the MRP masters should block
links as appropriate, if you make them part of a ring.

-- Niels.