Mailing List Archive

FESX ARP problem
I've been scratching my head all morning on some arp issues on an FESX (prem)
that routes a handful of VE's.

The scenario is that when an ARP entry expires, only certain source IPs (on
the WAN side) can trigger an ARP request and subsequent re-entry into the ARP
table. There's no pattern for the source IP...just that some trigger ARP and
others don't.

So for example, Joe at 1.2.3.4 cannot reach his box, but as soon as Bob at
pings the machine, Joe can reach his box again.

Current table size fluctuates between 580 and 620 entries with a system-max of
4000 and there are no static entries.

#sh arp | i entries
Total number of ARP entries: 591

#sh default values | i arp
ip arp age:10 min bootp relay max hops:4 ip ttl:64 hops
ip-arp 4000 64000 4000
ip-static-arp 512 1024 512

Any ideas?

~Randy

Re: FESX ARP problem [ In reply to ]
I think I have seen this on some older code of the FESX 424 we where running
below 4.0. What version are you running ?

// Andreas