Mailing List Archive

CES/CER 2000 and VRRP
Hey,

I just looked through my docs and they are saying that VRRP is not
supported by the CER/CES 2000 systems. Can someone please say it's not
true and my docs are just too old? :)

Best regards,
Frederic Jaeckel
Re: CES/CER 2000 and VRRP [ In reply to ]
Hi Frederic,

The release notes I have for 4.1.00d say that VRRP and VRRPE are both
supported on the CER / CES right the way through from BASE to PREM.

Regards,
Lee

Re: CES/CER 2000 and VRRP [ In reply to ]
Yeah - seems to be working fine on my CES2024's running v5 :-)

System: NetIron CES (Serial #: xxxxxxxxx, Part #: 35701-002A)
License: L3_PREM (LID: XXXXXXXXX)
Boot : Version 5.0.0T185 Copyright (c) 1996-2009 Brocade Communications Systems, Inc.

#sh ip vrrp-extended brief

Total number of VRRP-Extended routers defined: 1

Inte- VRID Current P State Master IP Backup IP Virtual IP Short-
rface Priority Address Address Address Path-Fwd
v10 66 120 P Master Local xx.xx.xx.35 xx.xx.xx.46

Regards,
Neil