If anyone has had luck with these, what make/model did you use?

Thanks in advance,
Ras
ZX GBIC for Summit 48si [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Jee Kay wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience with putting ZX GBICs into Summit 48si
> switches? The Extreme website explicitely says SX and LX are
> supported, but no word on ZX.

Well, you cannot put GBICs into a 48si anyway, but SFPs work well.

> If anyone has had luck with these, what make/model did you use?

We purchased coded LX70/ZXs manufactured by a company called APAC and they
have worked well so far.

Extreme sells ZX SFPs, if you ask them I'd bet they would say that they're
supported in the 48si, I'd be much surprised if they said anything else.

Mikael Abrahamsson email: swmike at swm.pp.se