Mailing List Archive

ssh public key authentication (NetApp Release 7.2.3)
NetApp Release 7.2.3: Thu Jul 5 10:06:16 PDT 2007

How do I get ssh public key authentication working?

I tried putting ssh V1 and V2 public keys in

/etc/sshd/authorized_keys
/etc/sshd/authorized_keys2

/etc/sshd/root/.ssh/authorized_keys
/etc/sshd/root/.ssh/authorized_keys2

But none of that worked.

Is there some documentation about how to get ssh
key (non-password) authentication working?

Thanks in advance,

Karl
RE: ssh public key authentication (NetApp Release 7.2.3) [ In reply to ]
Have a look at the VMware on NetApp best practices (TR3428).
http://www.netapp.com/library/tr/3428.pdf starting on p.36.

Share and enjoy!

Peter

Re: ssh public key authentication (NetApp Release 7.2.3) [ In reply to ]
Off the top of my head...

What did u use to gen the ssh key?

A Putty key need to be converted to be used and I think there a tool inside putty to do that.

This is the correct location:
/etc/sshd/root/.ssh/authorized_keys

Then this should work
Ssh root@filer date

Not sure if it needs to be rsa, rsa1 or dsa. (I think it is probably dsa though). Make sure you have run "secureadmin setup ssh" and then something like "secureadmin enable all" or "secureadmin enable ssh2"

--tmac