Mailing List Archive

HTTP admin access denied
Hello,

For some reason I can not access the Netapp admin Interface. The server
returns with the following errors:
Error 503 HTTP is not licensed.To administer this filer, use /na_admin/ .
Error 500 Servlets not enabled

httpd and httpd.admin are enabled, but something is wrong with the
httpd.rootdir and I can't reset it.

filer> options httpd
httpd.access legacy
httpd.admin.access legacy
httpd.admin.enable on
httpd.admin.hostsequiv.enable off
httpd.admin.ssl.enable off
httpd.autoindex.enable on
httpd.enable on
httpd.log.format common
httpd.rootdir XXX
httpd.timeout 300
httpd.timewait.enable off
filer> options httpd.rootdir
httpd.rootdir XXX
filer> options httpd.rootdir /vol/http
warning: httpd.rootdir (/vol/http) not accessible

Is there a way to recreate the /vol/http with all of its content in case it
was deleted ?
Do you have any idea how to solve this?

Re: HTTP admin access denied [ In reply to ]
Reinstall ontap and reboot

RE: HTTP admin access denied [ In reply to ]
Make sure you're pointing your bro

Share and Enjoy!
Peter

... Sent from one of those phone+email doohicky things...
I reserve the right to be wrong.

RE: HTTP admin access denied [ In reply to ]
You never said what URL you were trying to access. You should be able
do http:/filer/na_admin as that's how you get to FilerView. You can't
do any
other URL to the filer without an HTTP license.

If you have http licensed, you may need to re-install the same OS over
your
current config and reboot.

-- Adam Fox
adamfox@netapp.com

RE: HTTP admin access denied [ In reply to ]
Make sure you're pointing your browser at http://filer_name_or_ip/na_admin

Http.rootdir only applies when serving general-purpose http (statis content). Nothing to do with admin.

Your http.admin options look fine.

If you did an upgrade or fresh install, make sure everything is there. Type ndmpd and see if the command is found. If not, then like tmac said, re-extract the ONTAP archive and reboot.

RE: HTTP admin access denied [ In reply to ]
On the root volume, make sure that you have these files:
/etc/java/netapp.zip
/etc/java/rt131.zip
/etc/java/servlet.zip

If you don't, you have to re-install ONTAP. I highly suggest using the
"software install" command if you didn't use it before.

You didn't inform the list if you installed a new ONTAP version, or this
situation just happened out of nowhere. Any details you can provide
would be useful.

- Rick -

RE: HTTP admin access denied [ In reply to ]
Thanks. Web admin interface is up and running after reinstalling ONTAP.