The error:

filer4*> disk_fw_update

Are you sure you want to continue with firmware update? yes

(You can ignore disk error messages for disks being updated until this
update completes)
Cluster interconnect not available (cf disabled?). Unable to download
firmware.

-Klau
Re: Disk Firmware upgrade [ In reply to ]
Hi Klau,

If the filer is no longer part of a cluster you could use the below Netapp
Knowledge base suggestion:

http://now.netapp.com/Knowledgebase/solutionarea.asp?id=ntapcs9102

If the filer is still part of a cluster and you just don't want to update
*all* disks in the cluster you could enable the cluster and just update
the single disk.

cf enable
disk_fw_update 'disk_id'

Regards,
Philip

--

------------------
Philip Boyle

philip.boyle@eircom.net
tel: +353 1 701 0921
mob: +353 87 634 9119
RE: Disk Firmware upgrade [ In reply to ]
Other things to think of
Don't just do the lot - we've actually went to the point of doing 1 disk
at a time or at worst 1 disk per raid group due to disk lockups in
6.5.2r1

--

Philip Boyle

philip.boyle@eircom.net
tel: +353 1 701 0921
mob: +353 87 634 9119
Re: Disk Firmware upgrade [ In reply to ]
Hi Philip,

Ok thanks, it suggestion was solved the problem.

-klau