Mailing List Archive

Re: Intercluster lifs use an ifgroup and local target is itself
On 06/30/2016 01:33 PM, Weber, Mark A wrote:
> Are you talking about this warning?
>
> Details: Warning: Manual validation checks need to be performed. Refer to
> the Upgrade Advisor Plan or the "Clustered Data ONTAP Upgrade and
> Revert/Downgrade Guide" for the remaining validation checks that
> need to be performed before update. Failing to do so can result in
> an update failure or an I/O disruption., Action: Refer to the
> Upgrade Advisor Plan or the "Clustered Data ONTAP Upgrade and
> Revert/Downgrade Guide" for the remaining validation checks that
> need to be performed before update..
>
> I believe this is a standard warning that has been added to every upgrade and just means read the docs before upgrading and isn't actually running any checks.
> I've had it on every upgrade since 8.3.1RC1

Yes. But checks are being run, no errors are reported and than the
message appears before asking if you want to continue.

If it is boiler plate, what manual checks need to be run other than the
ones you would perform prior to starting the upgrade. Confusing place to
put the message at the end of the pre-upgrade automatic checking.

--
Joel
Re: Intercluster lifs use an ifgroup and local target is itself [ In reply to ]
I've always had a problem with this verbiage too. You are told about other
manual validation checks, but from what I could see, there was nothing
really spelled out. It is completely vague and in my opinion nothing more
than a CYA message.

--tmac

*Tim McCarthy, **Principal Consultant*