Mailing List Archive

nfs access to volumes with ntfs security mode
Hi toasters

We are migrating to cluster mode from 7 mode and having troubles
with NFS access to volumes also doing CIFS.

If I create a volume with NTFS security mode, and export aforesaid volume via
NFS to a client, the client cannot read the volume. The mount suceeds,
that is a filesystem handle is returned, but calls to access the directort fail,
with message "file temporarily unavailable on the server, retrying..."
The actual NFS error over the wire is is NFS3ERR_JUKEBOX. This is
as root on the client. Non-root just gets permission denied.

We have already set -ignore-nt-acl-for-root enabled
on the vserver.

The actuall settings on the vserver are:

-access true \
-v3 enabled \
-udp enabled \
-tcp enabled \
-v4-id-domain its.uow.edu.au \
-v4.0 enabled \
-v4.1 enabled \
-v4.0-acl enabled \
-v4.1-acl enabled \
-v4.0-read-delegation enabled \
-v4.1-read-delegation enabled \
-v4.0-write-delegation enabled \
-v4.1-write-delegation enabled \
-v4.1-pnfs enabled \
-v4-numeric-ids enabled \
-mount-rootonly enabled \
-nfs-rootonly enabled \
-showmount enabled \
-vstorage disabled \
-ignore-nt-acl-for-root enabled

So, what are we doing wrong or is this a bug?

Regards,
pdg

Peter Gray Ph (direct): +61 2 4221 3770
Information Management & Technology Services Ph (switch): +61 2 4221 3555
University of Wollongong Fax: +61 2 4229 1958
Wollongong NSW 2522 Email: pdg@uow.edu.au
Australia URL: http://pdg.uow.edu.au
Re: nfs access to volumes with ntfs security mode [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Did you grant read-only access to "vol0" of the cDOT SVM?