Mailing List Archive

incorrect language for volume
We are in the process of migrating data from our 7mode filers (8.1.2P4
7-Mode) to our new CDOT filers (8.3.1P1), and we noticed that a few of our
7mode volumes (NFS volumes) do not have the correct language set.

7mode documentation says I can change the language of a volume, however:

Note: If you are changing the NFS character set, you are asked to confirm
> your choice, and also whether you want to halt the system so that
> WAFL_check can be run to check for any files that will no longer be
> accessible using NFS. The default answer for this question is yes. If you
> do not want to halt the system, you must enter n.

I'd really prefer to not halt the filer. What are the ramifications of not
halting the filer? Can I safely change the language and snapmirror over to
the new filers without issue?

Thanks.

...Darry

--
Darry Cooley
Factory Systems Engineer
Re: incorrect language for volume [ In reply to ]
You most certainly want to fix that *BEFORE* you get to Clustered ONTAP.
Once a volume has its' language set in cDOT, you cannot change it.
You must create a new volume and copy it without mirroring (ndmp, scp, etc)

--tmac

*Tim McCarthy, **Principal Consultant*

\