Mailing List Archive

Netapp CDOT 8.3 and Peerlink software
Anyone using Peerlink software for File collaboration between offices? We have been using this software to real time sync data from Netapp to a windows server in our remote office. Software worked fine with many years but since January when we migrated our data to CDOT filer and upgrade the peerlink software to a cdot compatible version we have run into issues after issues. Anyone has experience with this software and if not is there another viable option out there for real time sync between netapp and windows server.

Mustafa
Visit us on the Web at mesirowfinancial.com

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. Confidential, proprietary or time-sensitive communications should not be transmitted via the Internet, as there can be no assurance of actual or timely delivery, receipt and/or confidentiality. This is not an offer, or solicitation of any offer to buy or sell any security, investment or other product.
Re: Netapp CDOT 8.3 and Peerlink software [ In reply to ]
I have had great experiences with Peer Software.  We integrate it as well for full disclosure, so I am biased.

Do you have a support case with them and what has been the result and next steps?  Your post here is a good thing and will help escalate more support if needed.

<!--#yiv2233848199 _filtered #yiv2233848199 {font-family:Calibri;panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}#yiv2233848199 #yiv2233848199 p.yiv2233848199MsoNormal, #yiv2233848199 li.yiv2233848199MsoNormal, #yiv2233848199 div.yiv2233848199MsoNormal {margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri", "sans-serif";}#yiv2233848199 a:link, #yiv2233848199 span.yiv2233848199MsoHyperlink {color:blue;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv2233848199 a:visited, #yiv2233848199 span.yiv2233848199MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv2233848199 span.yiv2233848199EmailStyle17 {font-family:"Calibri", "sans-serif";color:windowtext;}#yiv2233848199 .yiv2233848199MsoChpDefault {font-family:"Calibri", "sans-serif";} _filtered #yiv2233848199 {margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}#yiv2233848199 div.yiv2233848199WordSection1 {}-->Anyone using Peerlink software for File collaboration between offices? We have been using this software to real time sync data from Netapp to a windows server in our remote office. Software worked fine with many years but since January when we migrated our data to CDOT filer and upgrade the peerlink software to a cdot compatible version we have run into issues after issues. Anyone has experience with this software and if not is there another viable option out there for real time sync between netapp and windows server.   Mustafa Visit us on the Web at mesirowfinancial.com

RE: Netapp CDOT 8.3 and Peerlink software [ In reply to ]
Each time they have given me a patch to resolve the issue that the issue is still there. Do you use with CDOT and their latest version I believe is 6.5?

Mustafa

Visit us on the Web at mesirowfinancial.com

Visit us on the Web at mesirowfinancial.com

Re: Netapp CDOT 8.3 and Peerlink software [ In reply to ]
Yes.. very good use case for bi-directional 7-Mode <--> cDOT with failback and works with 32-bit source volumes for cases where SnapMirror TDP isn't an option.