Transition snapmirror to regular snapmirror
I am trying to migrate a replicated volume to CDOT, but I can't use 7mtt.
My plan is to set up a transition snapmirror and do the cutover manually. I
can't start the regular snapmirror of the CDOT transition snapmirror
target, though. I get "Using a transition volume as a snapmirror source
volume is not supported".

I have a long outage window, but would prefer to pre-seed the mirror of the
new volume. What would you folks suggest?
Re: Transition snapmirror to regular snapmirror [ In reply to ]
Have you consulted this document yet?

https://library.netapp.com/ecmdocs/ECMP1609693/html/frameset.html

Should be instrumental in helping you out....

--tmac

*Tim McCarthy, **Principal Consultant*

Re: Transition snapmirror to regular snapmirror [ In reply to ]
This is a new link for me, thank you. I'm reading it now.

Re: Transition snapmirror to regular snapmirror [ In reply to ]
They talk about transitioning the target from the existing snapmirror,
however this is going to work in my environment, I think.

Based on this doc, I think I will need to do a complete sync during the
outage window.

Thanks :)

Re: Transition snapmirror to regular snapmirror [ In reply to ]
?????????? ? iPhone

22 ????? 2016 ?., ? 19:58, Basil <basilberntsen@gmail.com<mailto:basilberntsen@gmail.com>> ???????(?):

They talk about transitioning the target from the existing snapmirror, however this is going to work in my environment, I think.

Based on this doc, I think I will need to do a complete sync during the outage window.

Where did you see it? You transition destination and source and resync volume pair on cDOT side. No baseline transfer should be necessary (but of course you need to make sure you have common snapshot).

Re: Transition snapmirror to regular snapmirror [ In reply to ]
On 2016-3-22 17:25 , Basil wrote:
> I am trying to migrate a replicated volume to CDOT, but I can't use 7mtt.

Just out of curiosity: why can't you use 7mtt? We recently did a migration using a linux installation of 7mtt (on an older machine, guess a VM would do, too), and that went very smooth. The extra information and warnings given by the 7mtt tool were very helpful.

(We used the most recent Centos release - despite ancient requirements for the official 7mtt, it just required a 1 line patch to a launch-java script to enable TLSv1 connections).

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc@xs4all.nl>
"Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice."
Re: Transition snapmirror to regular snapmirror [ In reply to ]
In this case, we're making a bunch of changes and data reorganization that
7mtt would need manual intervention to work with. Also, the 7mtt tool
installed is very old and I won't have time to update it before this work.