Mailing List Archive

Anyone have a recommendation for a global 3rd party support vendor?
We've got FAS systems across the globe, some of which are already EOL/EOS. Even the ones that are not, after year 3 NetApp SupportEdge gets crazy expensive. We have used 1 vendor, but I'd like to hear if anyone else has a good experience with one we could work with also. Thank you.
Re: Anyone have a recommendation for a global 3rd party support vendor? [ In reply to ]
Park Place Technologies is one that I would recommend.

http://www.parkplacetechnologies.com/

Re: Anyone have a recommendation for a global 3rd party support vendor? [ In reply to ]
Brad, have you taken advantage of their software-side support for
ONTAP? Hard to tell if it's basic or they have some pretty in-depth
knowledge...

Re: Anyone have a recommendation for a global 3rd party support vendor? [ In reply to ]
I believe they are only hardware support , with some basic troubleshooting.

Re: Anyone have a recommendation for a global 3rd party support vendor? [ In reply to ]
Thanks.

We've had good success with SMS (http://www.sysmaint.com/). They cover
a number of international locations as well. No real ONTAP support, of
course...

Ray

Re: Anyone have a recommendation for a global 3rd party support vendor? [ In reply to ]
They do more than just basic hardware troubleshooting. I believe their
level 3 engineers come straight from the OEM. Their website states:

"Park Place Technologies employs a comprehensive team of field service and
Level 3 engineers that have, on average, 15+ years of direct OEM
experience."

Here's some additional info from their site:
http://www.parkplacetechnologies.com/maintenance-services/netapp-storage-maintenance/

My team has worked with them a few times in the past, always with great
success no matter what the issue happened to be (CIFS and SnapMirror in our
case).

-Brad