Mailing List Archive

where does CDOT keep the .7z files for the configuration backups?
Hello All,

I see how/where I would set up the uploading of the backup files to an outside destination but only via FTP or to a writeable (put-ready) http destination.

Where do those files actually sit on the cluster? Anywhere that I can reach via NFS or CIFS or any other way, like through the SPI web interface?

Hope to hear from you,

Randy
Re: where does CDOT keep the .7z files for the configuration backups? [ In reply to ]
A little trick I do....

I suspect you know some part of the name of the file...even the
extension...7z.

log into the systemshell as diag user,
cd /mroot
find . -name "*7z*" -print

let it run....you should get your answer.
When you find it, you may very well be able to access wia the web interface
and the spi.
https://ip.of.cluster/spi

--tmac

*Tim McCarthy*
*Principal Consultant*

RE: where does CDOT keep the .7z files for the configuration backups? [ In reply to ]
It looks like it is /mroot/etc/backups/config/ (at least on my 8.3.1/8.3.2 clusters)
and it doesn't look like you can get to that directory from the spi interface (not sure if you can change that)

in theory, you should be able to pull the files via powershell:
Connect-NcController <cluster>
$config = Get-NcConfigBackup
$filename = $config[0].BackupName
$node = $config[0].Node
$filesize = (Get-NcFile -Path /vol/vol0/etc/backups/config/$filename -VserverContext $node).filesize

$offset = 0
while($offset -le $filesize) {
$backupfile += Read-NcFile -Path "/vol/vol0/etc/backups/config/$filename" -VserverContext $node -raw -Length 1MB -Offset $offset
$offset += 1MB
}
[io.file]::WriteAllBytes($filename,$backupfile)

And I say in theory, because I got it to work once, but every time I've run it since then, I get "no such file or directory" errors so YMMV

mark

It's in /mroot/etc/cluster_config/backups I believe.