Mailing List Archive

cluster peer error
Dear toasters,I am getting a strange error when trying to create cluster peer on 8.3 systemNo firewall and routing seems to be OK, I can trace route and ping via correct lifs
Error: command failed: An introductory RPC to the peer address "IP of peer" failed to connect: RPC: Remote system error - Operation timed out.  Verify that the peer address is correct and try       again.
From the other side, no issues, or error, but from original side, I get the above RPC errorThanks in advance
Re: cluster peer error [ In reply to ]
Can you provide more details please? Hard to see what's going on
here. Can you do a 'net port show' and 'net int show -role
intercluster' and 'net int show -role cluster_mgmt'.

Can you also show the 'cluster join' command with all it's output,
etc? And it's not clear if you have a single node in the cluster and
your trying to add an HA pair node, or if you have an HA pair in the
cluster already and you're adding another HA pair or what.

Iluhes> I am getting a strange error when trying to create cluster
Iluhes> peer on 8.3 system No firewall and routing seems to be OK, I
Iluhes> can trace route and ping via correct lifs

Iluhes> Error: command failed: An introductory RPC to the peer address
Iluhes> "IP of peer" failed to connect: RPC: Remote system error -
Iluhes> Operation timed out. Verify that the peer address is correct
Iluhes> and try again.

Iluhes> From the other side, no issues, or error, but from original
Iluhes> side, I get the above RPC error Thanks in advance