_| _| _| _|_|_| _|
_| _| _| _| _|
_| _| _| _|_|_|_| _|_|_|
Visit TDS for quality software and website production
http://tysdomain.com
msn: tyler@tysdomain.com
aim: st8amnd2005
skype: st8amnd127
Re: a quick problem with nessus: [ In reply to ]
Check from the scanner to validate you can do an icmp/tcp ping to the
target host and see that you have a route to the host and that it
responds.

"Tyler Littlefield" <tyler@tysdomain.com>
Sent by: nessus-bounces@list.nessus.org
08/31/2008 06:22 PM

<nessus@list.nessus.org>
cc

Subject
a quick problem with nessus:

Hello,
I've got a question; I've got nessus installed, and the demon is
configured,
when I use nessus localhost 1421 <user> <pass> targets file results.txt
I get no hosts were up during the scan as one of the lines in the
results.txt file.
Any ideas would be awesome; I'm not quite sure why it's not sensing the
target.
The one and only line in my targets file is:
192.168.0.66

Thanks,
_|_|_|_|_| _| _|_|_|_|
_| _|_|_| _| _|_|_|
_| _| _| _|_|_| _|
_| _| _| _| _|
_| _| _| _|_|_|_| _|_|_|
Visit TDS for quality software and website production
http://tysdomain.com
msn: tyler@tysdomain.com
aim: st8amnd2005
skype: st8amnd127_______________________________________________
Nessus mailing list
Nessus@list.nessus.org
Re: a quick problem with nessus: [ In reply to ]
Tyler Littlefield wrote:
> Hello,
> I've got a question; I've got nessus installed, and the demon is configured,
> when I use nessus localhost 1421 <user> <pass> targets file results.txt
> I get no hosts were up during the scan as one of the lines in the results.txt file.
> Any ideas would be awesome; I'm not quite sure why it's not sensing the target.
> The one and only line in my targets file is:
> 192.168.0.66

Have you been able to complete a scan with a Nessus client of some sort already?

Have you looked at the logs of your Nessus server?

Have you tried sniffing the connection between the scanner and the target?

Ron Gula
Tenable Network Security