in previous versions of NessusClient it was possible to convert NBE
files to HTML, LaTeX and so on.

I haven't found this feature in NessusClient 3.2.0. I know that I can
use an older version of the NessusClient to convert NBE files, but the
HTML output of the current client looks better.

What can I do?

Thanks for helpful hints

Micha Borrmann
Re: converting NBE files [ In reply to ]
Micha Borrmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> in previous versions of NessusClient it was possible to convert NBE
> files to HTML, LaTeX and so on.
>
> I haven't found this feature in NessusClient 3.2.0. I know that I can
> use an older version of the NessusClient to convert NBE files, but the
> HTML output of the current client looks better.
>
> What can I do?

Hi there,

Early Nessus clients may have had this feature, but early versions of
the NessusClient did not.

Right now, I'm not aware of any public tools that can convert a .nbe
(or .nsr) file to the new .nessus format used by the NessusClient.

Ron Gula
Tenable Network Security

RE: converting NBE files [ In reply to ]
Sadly NBE format does not contain the PluginName field so creating the
new html report from nbe is not trivial. You can try to generate the
.nessus file from nbe (with the pluginname field generated from the last
nbe entry field, or crawled from the plugin folder), since .nessus is a
simple xml file. The parser can be written in ~4 hours.

Zsolt