Mailing List Archive

NASL binary storage: dbopen : No such file or directory
Hi,
I'm scanning a /17 with nessusd 3.2.0 (build A890) running on a Linux
box. The nessusd.dump file contains a significant amount of the
following entries:

dbopen(/opt/nessus//var/nessus/plugins-desc.db) : No such file or
directory
NASL binary storage: dbopen : No such file or directory

I suppose the double slash between 'nessus' and 'var' (i.e. nessus//var)
is the problem?

The scan progresses and completes but is wayyyyyyy to
sloooooooooowwwwwwwwww

Assuming this error may be affecting the performance of the scan, any
suggestions as to what is causing it or how to fix it?

Thanks!

/Kirk

Re: NASL binary storage: dbopen : No such file or directory [ In reply to ]
On Aug 26, 2008, at 4:54 PM, Soluk, Kirk wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm scanning a /17 with nessusd 3.2.0 (build A890) running on a Linux
> box. The nessusd.dump file contains a significant amount of the
> following entries:
>
> dbopen(/opt/nessus//var/nessus/plugins-desc.db) : No such file or
> directory
> NASL binary storage: dbopen : No such file or directory
>
> I suppose the double slash between 'nessus' and 'var' (i.e. nessus//
> var)
> is the problem?
>
> The scan progresses and completes but is wayyyyyyy to
> sloooooooooowwwwwwwwww
>
> Assuming this error may be affecting the performance of the scan, any
> suggestions as to what is causing it or how to fix it?

The double slash is not a problem. However, it seems that for some
reason, your db file disappeared.

Try to run 'nessusd -R' (even while the scan is on-going), that might
solve the problem.

-- Renaud