Nessus scanner testing the remote host has been given SMB
credentials to log into the remote host, however these credentials do not
have administrative privileges.*) :

*Solution :

Reconfigure your scanner to use credentials with administrative
privileges*

Thank you,
Kgomotso
Re: Granting Nessus Admin Privileges [ In reply to ]
just make sure that the credentials that you enter into nessus are in the
administrator group on the computer. that's all it's saying.

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 2:17 PM, Kgomotso Pule <kgomi.pule@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Could someone help me regarding granting Nessus admin privileges?
>
> I just ran my first scan and please read below (the problem relates to: *The
> Nessus scanner testing the remote host has been given SMB
> credentials to log into the remote host, however these credentials do not
> have administrative privileges.*) :
>
> *Solution :
>
> Reconfigure your scanner to use credentials with administrative
> privileges*
>
> Thank you,
> Kgomotso

Doug Nordwall
Unix, Network, and Security Administrator
on MMORPGs
Re: Granting Nessus Admin Privileges [ In reply to ]
Kgomotso Pule wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Could someone help me regarding granting Nessus admin privileges?
>
> I just ran my first scan and please read below (the problem relates to: *The
> Nessus scanner testing the remote host has been given SMB
> credentials to log into the remote host, however these credentials do not
> have administrative privileges.*) :
>
> *Solution :
>
> Reconfigure your scanner to use credentials with administrative
> privileges*
>
> Thank you,
> Kgomotso

It seems the username you are using is not an administrator. Can you try again
with an administrator account?

Ron Gula
Tenable Network Security