Mailing List Archive

Question about Nessus License - Please Guide me
Dear Madam/Sir,

I have a question about Nessus License. I like to know that if I purchase a professionalFeed version of Nessus; is it possible to install it several times in several stations?
Actually, I mean that can I purchase one license for my company and use it for 2 or more person in my company?

Thanks in advance,
Mini

Re: Question about Nessus License - Please Guide me [ In reply to ]
The license itself is for the server component, and it is for one machine at
a time.

The server, however, can have multiple clients connecting to it. Just the
one server can scan on a license however.

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 12:34 AM, mini miner <kscn_gj@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear Madam/Sir,
>
> I have a question about Nessus License. I like to know that if I purchase a
> professionalFeed version of Nessus; is it possible to install it several
> times in several stations?
> Actually, I mean that can I purchase one license for my company and use it
> for 2 or more person in my company?
>

> Thanks in advance,
> Mini

Doug Nordwall
Unix, Network, and Security Administrator
on MMORPGs
Re: Question about Nessus License - Please Guide me [ In reply to ]
mini miner wrote:
> Dear Madam/Sir,
>
> I have a question about Nessus License. I like to know that if I purchase a professionalFeed version of Nessus; is it possible to install it several times in several stations?

If you are using this commercially, you need to purchase one ProfessionalFeed subscriptions per
Nessus scanner.

> Actually, I mean that can I purchase one license for my company and use it for 2 or more person in my company?

If you only have one scanner, both individuals can connect to it with the Nessus Client. However,
if you both wanted to run Nessus on your laptop to take on different network audits, you'd need
to buy two ProfessionalFeeds.

Ron Gula
Tenable Network Security