It looks like the former Allstream RADB account (MAINT-AS15290) and all associated route objects were removed from RADB today. The deletion mainly impacts Canadian route objects registered by the former Allstream (now Zayo). Q9 Networks MAINT-AS12188 was deleted at the same time.

--
Clinton Work
Re: RADB account deletions [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Mar 03, 2020 at 11:22:35AM -0700, Clinton Work wrote:
> It looks like the former Allstream RADB account (MAINT-AS15290) and
> all associated route objects were removed from RADB today. The
> deletion mainly impacts Canadian route objects registered by the
> former Allstream (now Zayo). Q9 Networks MAINT-AS12188 was deleted
> at the same time.

For those interested, I think this is roughly what was deleted:

snapshot/20200302-0001/whois.radb.net$ awk 'BEGIN {RS=""; FS="\n"} /MAINT-AS15290/ {print $0 "\n"}' radb.db > MAINT-AS15290.2020.03.02.txt

file @ http://instituut.net/~job/MAINT-AS15290.2020.03.02.txt

I'm sure RADB staff can restore was appropriate if they are contacted.

Kind regards,

Job
Re: RADB account deletions [ In reply to ]
> On Mar 3, 2020, at 1:39 PM, Job Snijders <job@instituut.net> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Mar 03, 2020 at 11:22:35AM -0700, Clinton Work wrote:
>> It looks like the former Allstream RADB account (MAINT-AS15290) and
>> all associated route objects were removed from RADB today. The
>> deletion mainly impacts Canadian route objects registered by the
>> former Allstream (now Zayo). Q9 Networks MAINT-AS12188 was deleted
>> at the same time.
>
> For those interested, I think this is roughly what was deleted:
>
> snapshot/20200302-0001/whois.radb.net$ awk 'BEGIN {RS=""; FS="\n"} /MAINT-AS15290/ {print $0 "\n"}' radb.db > MAINT-AS15290.2020.03.02.txt
>
> file @ http://instituut.net/~job/MAINT-AS15290.2020.03.02.txt
>
> I'm sure RADB staff can restore was appropriate if they are contacted.

I know that ARIN had some IRR related issues in the last week, but you may want to move objects there if feasible.

- Jared
Re: RADB account deletions [ In reply to ]
RADB MAINT-AS15290 was restored this morning along with all the original route objects. The proxy route objects I added Tuesday were replaced by the original MAINT-AS15290 objects.

--
Clinton Work

Re: RADB account deletions [ In reply to ]
For those who don't follow Canadian ISP mergers/acquisitions, Q9 was
acquired by Bell (AS577) in 2016. Not sure to what extent they've been
integrating its network into the larger nationwide Bell network.

Re: RADB account deletions [ In reply to ]
> On Mar 4, 2020, at 12:27 PM, Clinton Work <clinton@scripty.com> wrote:
>
> RADB MAINT-AS15290 was restored this morning along with all the original route objects. The proxy route objects I added Tuesday were replaced by the original MAINT-AS15290 objects.

I’m curious if there’s a reason that objects are not being placed in the ARIN IRR? It’s free to use to ARIN members and is mirrored by all the major players.

- Jared
Re: RADB account deletions [ In reply to ]
The ARIN IRR doesn't support an API interface like the RADB IRR. I hear that ARIN is working on an API, but I don't know the timeline. I don't want to go back to email templates.

https://www.arin.net/resources/manage/irr/userguide/

--
Clinton Work

Re: RADB account deletions [ In reply to ]
I actually ended up writing a python script to send ARIN's robot IRR updates because I got tired of dealing with the email templates.  An API would be a fantastic improvement.