Joe Klein

"inveniet viam, aut faciet" --- Seneca's Hercules Furens (Act II, Scene 1)
"I never lose. I either win or learn" - Nelson Mandela
Re: IPv6 for Verizon FIOS [ In reply to ]
get ready to wait and keep waiting

Re: IPv6 for Verizon FIOS [ In reply to ]
https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32136440-Networking-IPv6-working

Enjoy the read

TLDR they are doing some test deployments in:

- Ashburn, VA
- Richmond/Midlothian, VA
- Spotsylvania, VA
- Waltham, MA

“It’s Coming (TM)"

Brian Ellwood
Senior Systems Engineer
INOC Data Centers
O: 518-689-4350

Re: IPv6 for Verizon FIOS [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 12:42 PM Brian Ellwood <bellwood@inoc.net> wrote:

> https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32136440-Networking-IPv6-working

this is from 2yrs ago.
there's no evidence this is either progressing or actually working for
anything but some test sets.

Re: IPv6 for Verizon FIOS [ In reply to ]
I got a note its available for DYNAMIC residential customers only, not
yet for people with static ips.

On Wed, 26 Feb 2020 13:07:11 -0500,
Christopher Morrow wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 12:42 PM Brian Ellwood <bellwood@inoc.net> wrote:
> >
> > https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32136440-Networking-IPv6-working
>
> this is from 2yrs ago.
> there's no evidence this is either progressing or actually working for
> anything but some test sets.
>

> > Enjoy the read
> >
> > TLDR they are doing some test deployments in:
> >
> > - Ashburn, VA
> > - Richmond/Midlothian, VA
> > - Spotsylvania, VA
> > - Waltham, MA
> >
> > $B!H(BIt$B!G(Bs Coming (TM)"
> >
> > $B!=(B
> > Brian Ellwood
> > Senior Systems Engineer
> > INOC Data Centers
> > O: 518-689-4350
> >
> > > On Feb 26, 2020, at 12:05, j k <jsklein@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Does anyone have a contact at Verizon FIOS?
> > >
> > > Please respond off list.
> > >
> > > V/R,
> > >
> > > Joe Klein
> > > "inveniet viam, aut faciet" --- Seneca's Hercules Furens (Act II, Scene 1)
> > > "I never lose. I either win or learn" - Nelson Mandela

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com
Re: IPv6 for Verizon FIOS [ In reply to ]
> this is from 2yrs ago. there's no evidence this is either progressing or actually working for anything but some test sets.

Correct, hence, “It’s coming (TM)”

However, if you read the thread or even jumped to the end there was a post Yesterday 12:48 pm where a residential user in that test footprint confirmed IPv6 connectivity on a Ubiquiti edge device.

There are Verizon employees in that 30 page thread discussing it - there’s is no official statement or word from Verizon on availability, capability, deadline and so forth.

Brian Ellwood
Senior Systems Engineer
INOC Data Centers
O: 518-689-4350

Re: IPv6 for Verizon FIOS [ In reply to ]
In Ashburn, VA, Dynamic user, with Ubiquity router performing a proper
DHCPv6 request for over 3 years. Documented on my Security Onion server
showing no response.

Joe Klein

Re: IPv6 for Verizon FIOS [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 1:39 PM j k <jsklein@gmail.com> wrote:

> In Ashburn, VA, Dynamic user, with Ubiquity router performing a proper DHCPv6 request for over 3 years. Documented on my Security Onion server showing no response.

Yea, it's clearly enabled 'somewhere' (most likely on a few select
edge devices: "GWR" role).
It's enabled for Joe... nor for me (in Reston, va)... I can tcpdump my
edge interface all day long I see zero ip6 packets.

"not deployed"
"in a test setup"
"for 2 yrs means zero plan to actually deploy"

#hopeisnotanoption