the wheels spinning on the Level3 IRR?

Jon Lewis, MCP :) | I route
Re: rr.level3.net on autopilot? [ In reply to ]
On 9/5/19 2:05 PM, Jon Lewis wrote:
> I was doing some IRR clean-up and after a few successful updates, I'm no
> longer able to alter or delete our objects in rr.level3.com.
>
> Emails to rpsl@level3.com result in no action and no response. I've tried
> reaching out to the Level3 (Centurylink) NOC via email and phone, and
> can't seem to find anyone who knows what rr.level3.com is, much less knows
> who to talk to about troubleshooting. Anyone know who (if anyone) keeps
> the wheels spinning on the Level3 IRR?

The other day I tried to clean up some old entries from the 2000's and Genuity
entries that became part of it. This was a failure, the NOC knew nothing
about it, and worse didn't get my black rocket jokes. No one working there
knew what Genuity was.

I gave up.
--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice
http://bryanfields.net
RE: rr.level3.net on autopilot? [ In reply to ]
Shoot an email to ipadmin@centurylink.com and we'll give you a hand. If you are an active customer with valid circuit ID getting help from the NOC on this should be a solution they know how to provide, if you have reached the correct center. Folks that are not or have left behind old entries needing removed without a current relationship reach out to the ipadmin team for help.

I was doing some IRR clean-up and after a few successful updates, I'm no
longer able to alter or delete our objects in rr.level3.com.

Emails to rpsl@level3.com result in no action and no response. I've tried
reaching out to the Level3 (Centurylink) NOC via email and phone, and
can't seem to find anyone who knows what rr.level3.com is, much less knows
who to talk to about troubleshooting. Anyone know who (if anyone) keeps
the wheels spinning on the Level3 IRR?

Jon Lewis, MCP :) | I route
| therefore you are

This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the communication and any attachments.
Re: rr.level3.net on autopilot? [ In reply to ]
AS1, baby!!

Re: rr.level3.net on autopilot? [ In reply to ]
For following up, their IPadmin team (person) did reach out and resolve this
asap for us.

Thanks!
--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice
http://bryanfields.net
Re: rr.level3.net on autopilot? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 5 Sep 2019, Jon Lewis wrote:

> I was doing some IRR clean-up and after a few successful updates, I'm no
> longer able to alter or delete our objects in rr.level3.com.
>
> Emails to rpsl@level3.com result in no action and no response. I've tried
> reaching out to the Level3 (Centurylink) NOC via email and phone, and can't
> seem to find anyone who knows what rr.level3.com is, much less knows who to
> talk to about troubleshooting. Anyone know who (if anyone) keeps the wheels
> spinning on the Level3 IRR?

I was going to post this morning that things are all sorted out.
Centurylink's IP Admin reached out and worked with me to figure out the
issue, which appears to have been that someone a few layers up from
rpsl@level3.com cranked their spam filtering up to 11, resulting in all
externally originated email getting eaten somewhere in their systems.

Before posting, I ran one more test, and found that there's still
something not quite right. We worked together again today, trying to
figure it out, but ended up giving up for now.

Mail from my personal system and from a Linux server at work both get
delivered and processed properly. Mail from my work email
Outlook/Microsoft/Mimecast gets delivered to Level3.com, but the IRRD
system fails to find any objects in the body and responds that no object
was found. Yes, it's being sent as plain text (Content-Type: text/plain;
charset=UTF-8). Sending the same message from work to my personal
address, then taking that, changing To: and playing the entire thing (all
the headers + body) through sendmail -oi -t on a Linux server at work, it
gets delivered and properly processed.

So, anyone else who's had trouble the past 2 weeks getting anything
processed by rpsl@level3.com, you should be able to at least get your
messages delivered now. I'm curious if any other Office365/Outlook.com
users have issues with rpsl@level3.com not finding any objects in your
updates. If you're having that problem, resend your message via another
mail system and see if that works for you too.

Jon Lewis, MCP :) | I route