Mailing List Archive

Art and Tech is madness
In SPRING a time when segment and routing had no mismatch, a time when isis
and ospf ate a forbidden encap, all they had to do was forward bgp like its
hot, but crazy flapping doesnt leave any real LDP without some real FSM
check, My dynamic unnumbered neighbor.

Suddenly, Out of order, an AS is overridden, we see frames dropping, we
sniff a bit and it turns out, sfps are burning, we are in a place right now
where ping and pong are jittery, their latency is tested, they cant
strengthen their icmp bond with a warm bfd message, how can they keep
everyone in ACK, safe from teardown and dampening, with this kind of ixp
relationship??! but oh admin, we know forwarding works in its own
mysterious ways. We are left with two non rfc compliant scavengers, bastard
802.1ah fools in a leaky yet shaped, buffer display of some runts and
nimbles, and a giant too.

They start their life of a packet, leaving one interface to a neighbor,
from an adjacency to a peer, an endless loop, its a prefix hijack, but as
they move from one stack to another, finding their way through a tunnel of
memory failures and RMAs, one hell of an LSP ride, through firewall horrors
and MTU mismatches, leaving behind, a sea of syslog messages and snmp
alarms. Anyway, Their ttl expired and one funny access list abruptly denies
them life, sending them to Null0, where they can be peacefully discarded.

Thats what tech does to yeh
Re: Art and Tech is madness [ In reply to ]
On 05/09/2019 08:09, Kasper Adel wrote:

No.  This is art & tech from 12 years ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y36fG2Oba0

-Hank

Re: Art and Tech is madness [ In reply to ]
See below for high value of the list, both items are very pleasing

Re: Art and Tech is madness [ In reply to ]
There’s also this gem from 2005 or 2007 days. I’ve heard Cisco staff was involved in its creation.

http://www.mattzrelak.com/mp3/t1down.htm

—Chris

Re: Art and Tech is madness [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Sep 05, 2019 at 11:04:30PM -0500, Chris Boyd wrote:
> There???s also this gem from 2005 or 2007 days. I???ve heard Cisco staff was involved in its creation.
>
> http://www.mattzrelak.com/mp3/t1down.htm

If this is keeping on topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyvQ5Pu_k1o

--
Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com>
BSD admin/developer at large
Re: Art and Tech is madness [ In reply to ]
From: Chris Boyd <cboyd@gizmopartners.com>

There’s also this gem from 2005 or 2007 days. I’ve heard Cisco staff was involved in its creation.
http://www.mattzrelak.com/mp3/t1down.htm
------------------------------

At work...

======================================
This site is blocked due to a security threat.

www.mattzrelak.com

This site is blocked due to a security threat that was discovered by the
Cisco Umbrella security researchers.

Report an incorrect block

scott
Re: Art and Tech is madness [ In reply to ]
> On Sep 6, 2019, at 1:18 PM, Scott Weeks <surfer@mauigateway.com> wrote:
>
> This site is blocked due to a security threat that was discovered by the
> Cisco Umbrella security researchers.

Here’s a YouTube link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k6A0ZlhTyw

—Chris