northern Bahamas seem to be taking the worst of it.

Network measurements sites are reporting less than 6% reachability in Hope
Town, Bahamas. Other parts of Bahamas have less than 50% reachability.
Re: Cat 5 hurricane -- How are the Bahamas doing? [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 2 Sep 2019, Sean Donelan wrote:
> It is too early for damage assessments. BTC, local Bahama telecommunications
> company, is reporting widespread power outages, and intermittent mobile and
> wireline telephone service. The Abaco Islands in northern Bahamas seem to be
> taking the worst of it.

Folks asking for updates on Bahamas. The simple answer is I'm not hearing
any information out of the Bahamas, which is concerning in itself.

My big secret how I do network outage reports is people send me the
information. Usually, I get lots of random emails from network people
about problems all over the U.S. and other places in the world. But
Bahamas has gone very quiet.
Re: Cat 5 hurricane -- How are the Bahamas doing? [ In reply to ]
Things are bad in some places, fine in others. I can provide a more
thorough update this evening.

Re: Cat 5 hurricane -- How are the Bahamas doing? [ In reply to ]
Bahamas are essentially flattened as per recent reports. Or in other words .... BAAAAAAD

--
J. Hellenthal

The fact that there's a highway to Hell but only a stairway to Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic volume.

Re: Cat 5 hurricane -- How are the Bahamas doing? [ In reply to ]
Any further details?

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 4:10 PM J. Hellenthal via NANOG <nanog@nanog.org> wrote:

> Bahamas are essentially flattened as per recent reports. Or in other words .... BAAAAAAD
>
> --
> J. Hellenthal
>
> The fact that there's a highway to Hell but only a stairway to Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic volume.
>
> > On Sep 4, 2019, at 14:26, Sean Donelan <sean@donelan.com> wrote:
> >
> > ?On Mon, 2 Sep 2019, Sean Donelan wrote:
> >> It is too early for damage assessments. BTC, local Bahama telecommunications company, is reporting widespread power outages, and intermittent mobile and wireline telephone service. The Abaco Islands in northern Bahamas seem to be taking the worst of it.
> >
> > Folks asking for updates on Bahamas. The simple answer is I'm not hearing any information out of the Bahamas, which is concerning in itself.
> >

> > My big secret how I do network outage reports is people send me the information. Usually, I get lots of random emails from network people about problems all over the U.S. and other places in the world. But Bahamas has gone very quiet.

--
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0