Mailing List Archive

Are there any gmail admins reading here?
Guys can somebody send me a contact with gmail admin that can fix this:

> Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
>
> my@email
>
> Technical details of permanent failure:
> Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient
> domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information
> about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 517
> 517 HELO mail-gy0-f174.google.com does not exist. (state 12).

I receive a lot of email forwarded by gmail to my email and I'm having problems only
when the emails are forwarded over the server that says he is mail-gy0-f174.google.com.
This happens to about 20-40 emails each day. Over a thousand more are forwarded by
gmail to me without any problems.

host mail-gy0-f174.google.com 8.8.8.8

Using domain server:
Name: 8.8.8.8
Address: 8.8.8.8#53
Aliases:

Host mail-gy0-f174.google.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

I have written to postmaster@gmail.com over a week ago, but as expected the email
send there just goes to /dev/null.

--
Georgi Chorbadzhiyski
http://georgi.unixsol.org/
Re: Are there any gmail admins reading here? [ In reply to ]
Hello Georgi

I have passed your message to my known contact in Gmail team.

Hopefully you will her back from them.

--

Anurag Bhatia
anuragbhatia.com

Linkedin <http://in.linkedin.com/in/anuragbhatia21> |
Twitter<https://twitter.com/anurag_bhatia>|
Google+ <https://plus.google.com/118280168625121532854>
Re: Are there any gmail admins reading here? [ In reply to ]
you try to deliver an email to *my@email* address. Of course it failed :)

Re: Are there any gmail admins reading here? [ In reply to ]
Maybe you can temporary fix the issue adding mail-gy0-f174.google.com to
your /etc/hosts file ?

Re: Are there any gmail admins reading here? [ In reply to ]
Around 05/08/2012 08:23 AM, Sébastien Riccio scribbled:
> Maybe you can temporary fix the issue adding mail-gy0-f174.google.com to
> your /etc/hosts file ?

I just relaxed HELO checking for now but adding it to /etc/hosts is a good
idea.

--
Georgi Chorbadzhiyski
http://georgi.unixsol.org/