Nagios seems the people's choice. Any others...open source or commercial ?

TIA...

Vyto
RE: IPv6 monitoring... [ In reply to ]
We are using Solarwinds on our systems..... it's one commercial system to
consider.

Paul

What are people using for IPv6 monitoring - in particular, for monitoring
services such as DNS, Web, E-mail, etc. ?

Re: IPv6 monitoring... [ In reply to ]
Yo Vytautas!

On Tue, 1 May 2012 20:31:08 +0000
Vytautas V Grigaliunas <vyto@fnal.gov> wrote:

> Nagios seems the people's choice. Any others...open source or
> commercial ?

Icinga. A fork of nagios

RGDS
GARY
gem@rellim.com Tel:+1(541)382-8588
Re: IPv6 monitoring... [ In reply to ]
On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 2:31 PM, Vytautas V Grigaliunas <vyto@fnal.gov> wrote:
> What are people using for IPv6 monitoring - in particular, for monitoring services such as DNS, Web, E-mail, etc. ?
>
> Nagios seems the people's choice. Any others...open source or commercial ?

We use a combination of Nagios and Observium

--
Chris Stone
AxisInternet, Inc.
Re: IPv6 monitoring... [ In reply to ]
Vytautas V Grigaliunas <vyto@fnal.gov> writes:

> What are people using for IPv6 monitoring - in particular, for
> monitoring services such as DNS, Web, E-mail, etc. ?
>
> Nagios seems the people's choice. Any others...open source or
> commercial ?

Open source Icinga and Nagios would work fine, and the configurations
should be (mostly) interchangable, with a notable exception.

Icinga's host object type has an "address6" paramter, which Nagios does
not have. For Nagios, a patch is available in http://goo.gl/IHkKE

https://www.icinga.org/2011/07/21/how-to-dual-stack-1pv4-ipv6-monitoring-with-icinga/
shows one way of doing dual stack monitoring of a single service, using
the "check_multi" monitoring plugin.

--
Stig Sandbeck Mathisen