Several of you asked if I'd share the data post-study; I've put together a
brief report on our findings here:
http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/Pubs/TechRpts/2012/EECS-2012-24.pdf
If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, please don't hesitate to
contact me.

Thanks again for your help and support for our research!

Best,
Justine
Re: Middlebox Report and Thank You! [ In reply to ]
Thank you Justine!

your research recalled me to a recent middlebox-related publication:

"An Untold Story of Middleboxes in Cellular Networks"
by Zhaoguang Wang, Zhiyun Qian, Qiang Xu, Zhuoqing Morley Mao, and
Ming Zhang, Proceedings of SIGCOMM 2011.
(http://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2011/papers/sigcomm/p374.pdf)

In the news:
MIT Technology Review
http://www.technologyreview.com/communications/38435/?a=f
Slashdot
http://mobile.slashdot.org/story/11/08/26/159225/Mobile-Carriers-Impose-Handicaps-On-Smartphones
cnet news
http://news.cnet.com/8301-30686_3-20107040-266/carriers-may-be-handicapping-cell-phone-networks/

Keep on your good work!

Cheers,
Christian

--
Christian Esteve Rothenberg, Ph.D.
Converged Networks Division (DRC)

--
Christian
Re: Middlebox Report and Thank You! [ In reply to ]
Look how much time people waste with those all in one devices :) As soon as
I get the feeling something is very appliancey I run the other direction