Mailing List Archive

Re: F key for adjustments not working
On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 03:19:39PM -0400, James Pifer wrote:
> I'm trying to make color/brightness adjustments of a recording while
> watching it. I hit F as it says in keys.txt, but nothing happens.
> Hitting G while watching LiveTV let's me adjust recording settings. Has
> something changed with how to adjust while watching a recording?

We had that problem as well; like some other key-press-response
problems we have, it seems intermittent.

> Also, I've painstakingly adjusted one of the channels and I 'think' it
> looks good now. I want to change all the rest of my channels to match. I
> can select contrast, brightness, colour, hue from channel. How do I
> update these in a sql statement to match the one channel I have? The
> settings are:
> contrast 49143
> brightness 45850
> color 45868
> hue 31458
>
> I'm not a sql guy, so any help would probably save me a lot of time.

$ mysql -u root -p mythconverg
Password:

<mumble>

> update channel set contrast=49143;

... etc. I think you can set all of them in one pass, but I don't
remember what the syntax is for that. Do a describe channel before you
do that and check the column type; I assume it's numeric, but not
having my box handy, I can't tell; in the unlikely event it's a string,
you'd have to single quote the 49143.

> Last one, I haven't searched for this answer yet, but what is the Fine
> Tuning adjustment for that's found in the channel editor?

Same thing, 'cept it twiddles the tuner frequency.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Designer Baylink RFC 2100

"You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't
have invented a 3GHz microprocessor and a 3D graphics board."
-- Luke Girardi
Re: F key for adjustments not working [ In reply to ]
James,

AFAIK, update channel set contrast=49143;
..will set contrast of -all- channels in the table channel to that
value. If you want to just set one you append a where ie

update channel set contrast=49143 where chanid=4;

contrast, brightness, color and hue are all integers, no quotes needed.

You can be even snazzier by using

update channel set contrast=49143, brightness 45850, color 45868, hue 31458 where chanid=4;

Hope this helps

Alan