Frontend: Apple MacBook Pro 2012, Nvidia Shield 2017
Backend: HP Microserver N40L 1.5GHz with 4x3TB HDDs
Tuners: Two over-the-air ATSC inputs with multirec
Re: Leanfront 0-138 much faster to start [ In reply to ]
On 20/05/2020 05:01, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Previous versions of Leanfront, up to and including 0-136, took about 30 seconds to load available recordings before anything appeared on screen. 0-138 displays them almost instantly; I presume caching is being used? ("Refresh Lists" takes 17-18 seconds, so still faster than before.) However it was done, much thanks to Peter Bennett for the improvement.
>
> Peter, while I have you on the line, a feature request for your consideration:
>
> * MEDIA_PLAY or MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE at the "top" layer (the "All" or "Default" rows) should immediately play the episode in the thumbnail of the chosen show, as opposed to the current need to click into the show, wait for the show to be highlighted in the column list on the left (can take several seconds for a show late in the alphabetical order), then move right from the list onto the row of episodes, then again onto the specific episode. To put another way, have MEDIA_PLAY/PLAY_PAUSE immediately play the first listed episode.

If we're doing feature requests: any chance of making configurable the
colour of bars above and below the video? The grey is good for my plasma
TV, but I much prefer black. :-)

Loving the way Leanfront is developing.

Cheers,
Paul.
Re: Leanfront 0-138 Black Background? [ In reply to ]
On 5/20/20 3:54 AM, Paul Gardiner wrote:
> If we're doing feature requests: any chance of making configurable the
> colour of bars above and below the video? The grey is good for my
> plasma TV, but I much prefer black. :-)
>
> Loving the way Leanfront is developing.
>
> Cheers,
>     Paul.

It looks black to me. Do you mean the black bars (letterbox) at top and
bottom as in the picture at

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0po3wa8f44u6mdh/Screenshot_2020-05-20_16-03-56.png?dl=0

Maybe I am missing something.

Peter
Re: Leanfront 0-138 Black Background? [ In reply to ]
On 20/05/2020 21:10, Peter Bennett wrote:> On 5/20/20 3:54 AM, Paul
Gardiner wrote:
>> If we're doing feature requests: any chance of making configurable the
>> colour of bars above and below the video? The grey is good for my
>> plasma TV, but I much prefer black. :-)
>>
>> Loving the way Leanfront is developing.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Paul.
>
> It looks black to me. Do you mean the black bars (letterbox) at top and
> bottom as in the picture at

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0po3wa8f44u6mdh/Screenshot_2020-05-20_16-03-56.png?dl=0

Yes. I'm now seeing grey, although possibly only since fiddling with the
screen size settings. Perhaps it was black and then I changed something.

P.
Re: Leanfront 0-138 Black Background? [ In reply to ]
On 5/21/20 5:45 AM, Paul Gardiner wrote:
> On 20/05/2020 21:10, Peter Bennett wrote:> On 5/20/20 3:54 AM, Paul
> Gardiner wrote:
> >> If we're doing feature requests: any chance of making configurable the
> >> colour of bars above and below the video? The grey is good for my
> >> plasma TV, but I much prefer black. :-)
> >>
> >> Loving the way Leanfront is developing.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >>     Paul.
> >
> > It looks black to me. Do you mean the black bars (letterbox) at top and
> > bottom as in the picture at
> >

> https://www.dropbox.com/s/0po3wa8f44u6mdh/Screenshot_2020-05-20_16-03-56.png?dl=0
>
> Yes. I'm now seeing grey, although possibly only since fiddling with
> the screen size settings. Perhaps it was black and then I changed
> something.
>
> P.

The color seems to be #010001
i.e red and blue value 1 (out of 255), green value 0. Pretty close to
black. I don't know how to change it, although I could investigate it.
Maybe not worth the trouble.
It may come out different on different android devices if the color is
"transparent", and showing the background color.

Peter

Re: Leanfront 0-138 Black Background? [ In reply to ]
On 21/05/2020 17:39, Peter Bennett wrote:
> On 5/21/20 5:45 AM, Paul Gardiner wrote:

>> > It looks black to me. Do you mean the black bars (letterbox) at top and
>> > bottom as in the picture at
>> >

>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/0po3wa8f44u6mdh/Screenshot_2020-05-20_16-03-56.png?dl=0
>>

>> Yes. I'm now seeing grey, although possibly only since fiddling with
>> the screen size settings. Perhaps it was black and then I changed
>> something.
>>
>> P.
>
> The color seems to be #010001
> i.e red and blue value 1 (out of 255), green value 0. Pretty close to
> black. I don't know how to change it, although I could investigate it.
> Maybe not worth the trouble.
> It may come out different on different android devices if the color is
> "transparent", and showing the background color.

Here's a video showing how it looks on my firestick, along with the
results of my fiddling with the stretch and screen size buttons:
http://download.glidos.net/LeanfrontGreyBars.mp4

P.
Re: Leanfront 0-138 Black Background? [ In reply to ]

Re: Leanfront 0-138 Black Background? [ In reply to ]

Re: Leanfront 0-138 Black Background? [ In reply to ]

> >my

Is there any possibility this is being caused by a non-optimal color space
configuration leading to black lifting?

I like to refer to the explanation given here: (
https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_levels_and_color_space).

I don't use leanfront but I have found that if I don't ensure everything is
set up correctly with respect to Limited / Full and RGB / YcBcR444 for all
the components in the chain (MythFrontend --> Video Card --> Recevier / TV)
then I can end up with black that looks washed out to grey.
Re: Leanfront 0-138 Black Background? [ In reply to ]
On 23/05/2020 13:55, Tim Pletcher wrote:

> >my
>

> Is there any possibility this is being caused by a non-optimal color
> space configuration leading to black lifting?
>
> I like to refer to the explanation given here:
> (https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_levels_and_color_space).
>
> I don't use leanfront but I have found that if I don't ensure everything
> is set up correctly with respect to Limited / Full and RGB / YcBcR444
> for all the components in the chain (MythFrontend --> Video Card -->
> Recevier / TV) then I can end up with black that looks washed out to grey.

Thanks for the thought, but no. I know that problem very well. The grey
bars are far too bright to be by that cause, and the picture otherwise
looks perfect.

Paul.