Mailing List Archive

Phoenix Market ATSC 3.0 test market
The first channel is broadcasting in the Phoenix market. I've done a few
channels scans and I don't think I can find/detect the broadcast. Is
anyone aware of any hardware that can capture ATSC 3.0?
Re: Phoenix Market ATSC 3.0 test market [ In reply to ]
On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 12:35 AM, Bob <mythtv@cox.net> wrote:
> The first channel is broadcasting in the Phoenix market. I've done a few
> channels scans and I don't think I can find/detect the broadcast. Is anyone
> aware of any hardware that can capture ATSC 3.0?

There are no consumer products available yet. Dektec makes a receiver
but it's several thousand dollars, targeted at developers.

You shouldn't expect to see any actual products for some time - the
standard hasn't been fully ratified (only the RF portions) and nobody
is going to ship a product until they can be confident that it is
going to work.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs