Mailing List Archive

Re: Biting the bullet...new frontend, recommendations
Hi Mike!

> Question: Does the RPi have the ability to PXE/network boot? If so, these can probably be a really tiny and eco-friendly minimyth2 frontend.

Yes, it can be:  see
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/hardware/raspberrypi/bootmodes/net_tutorial.md
   and
https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/47239/how-to-pxe-boot-a-pi-3

I've not done anything along these lines, just was curious and so looked
up some possibilities.

The RPi I have been casually playing with here as an auxiliary FrontEnd
boots directly from the OS on the µSD card.

Barry
Re: Biting the bullet...new frontend, recommendations [ In reply to ]