DEPRECATION WARNING: python2 invoked with /usr/bin/python.
Use /usr/bin/python3 or /usr/bin/python2
/usr/bin/python will be removed or switched to Python 3 in the future.
If you cannot make the switch now, please follow instructions at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Avoid_usr_bin_python_in_RPM_Build#Quick_Opt-Out

Please post.

Kind regards,
Udo
Re: python warning on Fedora 28 [ In reply to ]
There is also a very similar "warnings that will soon become errors" issue
with php7.2 on *buntu 18.04.

Re: python warning on Fedora 28 [ In reply to ]
On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 8:09 AM, Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How can I bring the Fedora 28 related python warning to the attention of
> the right persons?

The right person is *you*, for you can provide the
fixes.

As I recall, the issue was actually introduced by a change
in Qt 5.9(ish) with some changes to qmake that no longer
invokes some MythTV specific fixups (in at least some
cases of configure invokation) that worked previously.

I had noticed, and added it to the TODO list to look at
more fully at some future time, but whether I will get to
it anytime soon is unclear.

All the better if you provide the patches first! Thanks!