Mailing List Archive

XMLTV update from SD - warning??
I ran the mythfilldatabase command from the console this morning because my internet was down overnight when it normally runs automatically. It ran just fine, but I noticed the following notifications. Should I worry about these or attempt to fix them?

2018-05-09 09:01:28.921594 I XMLTV config file is: /home/jim/.mythtv/xmltv_sd.xmltv
2018-05-09 09:02:18.650573 N Unknown xmltv channel identifier: I107181.json.schedulesdirect.org - Skipping channel.
2018-05-09 09:02:18.650703 N Unknown xmltv channel identifier: I107182.json.schedulesdirect.org - Skipping channel.
2018-05-09 09:02:18.650823 N Unknown xmltv channel identifier: I107183.json.schedulesdirect.org - Skipping channel.
2018-05-09 09:02:34.634545 N Unknown xmltv channel identifier: I55532.json.schedulesdirect.org - Skipping channel.

Jim A
Re: XMLTV update from SD - warning?? [ In reply to ]
---- On Wed, 09 May 2018 14:11:41 +0100 James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com> wrote ----
> I ran the mythfilldatabase command from the console this morning because my internet was down overnight when it normally runs automatically. It ran just fine, but I noticed the following notifications. Should I worry about these or attempt to fix them?
> 2018-05-09 09:01:28.921594 I XMLTV config file is: /home/jim/.mythtv/xmltv_sd.xmltv2018-05-09 09:02:18.650573 N Unknown xmltv channel identifier: I107181.json.schedulesdirect.org - Skipping channel.2018-05-09 09:02:18.650703 N Unknown xmltv channel identifier: I107182.json.schedulesdirect.org - Skipping channel.2018-05-09 09:02:18.650823 N Unknown xmltv channel identifier: I107183.json.schedulesdirect.org - Skipping channel.2018-05-09 09:02:34.634545 N Unknown xmltv channel identifier: I55532.json.schedulesdirect.org - Skipping channel.
> Jim A

safe to ignore ime
just means the xmltv's on your mythtv don't match up with what SD have, so you wont get guide data for those channels.
looks to me that they start with a lower 'L', or is that just a C&P/ML formatting issue?

Re: XMLTV update from SD - warning?? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 1:11 PM, James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com> wrote:
> I ran the mythfilldatabase command from the console this morning because my
> internet was down overnight when it normally runs automatically. It ran
> just fine, but I noticed the following notifications. Should I worry about
> these or attempt to fix them?

As Tim indicated, they are, themselves, a suggestion
that mythfilldatabase was unable to find a match in
your mythtv channel definitions with what Schedules
Direct has, and (possibly) you have chosen to use
the --only-update-guide option to prevent mythtv
from trying to add new channels. Whether that is
due to new XMLTV ids being assigned for existing
channels (the upstream for Schedules Direct sometimes
does that due to changes by the broadcasters), or new
channels being added to your lineup is something
you may want to research, or not. Especially for
US cable providers, channels come/go regularly, and
sometimes the feeds change from the east coast
to the west coast (or vice versa) which change the
XMLTV ids. And these is a known artifact regarding
US translator stations where Schedules Direct
(actually, the upstream) will assign different XMLTV
ids to the alternative translator stations, even when
they are broadcasting the same content (that is
the point of most US translators, RF coverage, not
content), which means your Schedules Direct lineup
(if you look really closely) actually has two stations
of the form "2.1" (for example) with two different
XMLTV ids, and you really can only use one of the
"2.1" XMLTV sources.

Personally, every few months, I use some of the
contributed scripts on the wiki to compare the
Schedules Direct and MythTV channels (and
also to compare with what channels my OCUR
tuner can receive) to catch the changes that
my cable provider has reshuffled, since I want
some control over the adding/deleting/changing
of the names.