Slow Web operation (0.28 on CentOS 6.9)
Hey all,

When I use the web client and click on a show to see the details screen, the initial left hand pane shows up quickly, but the right hand pane showing the thumbnail and the other details and job buttons takes about 17 seconds.

I regularly scrub the database -- using optimize_mythdb.pl but that doesn't seem to help.

I remember this being snappy and quick... anything else I should look at?

(System has a 16core CPU.)

Thanks,

 -Ben
Re: Slow Web operation (0.28 on CentOS 6.9) [ In reply to ]
---- On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 06:39:06 +0000 Ben <bkamen@benjammin.net> wrote ----
> Hey all,
>
> When I use the web client and click on a show to see the details screen, the initial left hand pane shows up quickly, but the right hand pane showing the thumbnail and the other details and job buttons takes about 17 seconds.
>
> I regularly scrub the database -- using optimize_mythdb.pl but that doesn't seem to help.
>
> I remember this being snappy and quick... anything else I should look at?
>
> (System has a 16core CPU.)
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Ben

more of a +1 to this, i too am getting it on a centos7 system.
pretty sure i was also getting it on my old fedora25/myth27 install too. While the OS is fresh, the SQL database and hardware essentially remains the same.

I've always put it down to using a pentium G3240 on the BE, but guess that might not be the case if your using a 16core cpu (thus not really a cheap entry level processor).

Re: Slow Web operation (0.28 on CentOS 6.9) [ In reply to ]
On 02/14/2018 03:06 AM, Tim Draper wrote:
> ---- On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 06:39:06 +0000 Ben <bkamen@benjammin.net> wrote ----
> > Hey all,
> >
> > When I use the web client and click on a show to see the details screen, the initial left hand pane shows up quickly, but the right hand pane showing the thumbnail and the other details and job buttons takes about 17 seconds.
> >
> > I regularly scrub the database -- using optimize_mythdb.pl but that doesn't seem to help.
> >
> > I remember this being snappy and quick... anything else I should look at?
> >
> > (System has a 16core CPU.)
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > -Ben
> >
> more of a +1 to this, i too am getting it on a centos7 system.
> pretty sure i was also getting it on my old fedora25/myth27 install too. While the OS is fresh, the SQL database and hardware essentially remains the same.
>
> I've always put it down to using a pentium G3240 on the BE, but guess that might not be the case if your using a 16core cpu (thus not really a cheap entry level processor).

Hahah. makes ya wonder.

This used to be snappy and honestly it's been running from a fresh install since 2011. Except for upgrading the CPU from 8 to 16 cores and memory...

Just wondering what more I can do to debug what's going on.

  -Ben

Re: Slow Web operation (0.28 on CentOS 6.9) [ In reply to ]
On 14/02/18 12:15, Ben wrote:
> On 02/14/2018 03:06 AM, Tim Draper wrote:
>> ---- On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 06:39:06 +0000 Ben <bkamen@benjammin.net> wrote ----
>> > Hey all,
>> >
>> > When I use the web client and click on a show to see the details screen, the initial left hand pane shows up quickly, but the right hand pane showing the thumbnail and the other details and job buttons takes about 17 seconds.
>> >
>> > I regularly scrub the database -- using optimize_mythdb.pl but that doesn't seem to help.
>> >
>> > I remember this being snappy and quick... anything else I should look at?
>> >
>> > (System has a 16core CPU.)
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > -Ben
>> >
>> more of a +1 to this, i too am getting it on a centos7 system.
>> pretty sure i was also getting it on my old fedora25/myth27 install too. While the OS is fresh, the SQL database and hardware essentially remains the same.
>>
>> I've always put it down to using a pentium G3240 on the BE, but guess that might not be the case if your using a 16core cpu (thus not really a cheap entry level processor).

> Hahah. makes ya wonder.
>
> This used to be snappy and honestly it's been running from a fresh install since 2011. Except for upgrading the CPU from 8 to 16 cores and memory...
>
> Just wondering what more I can do to debug what's going on.
>
>   -Ben

Open a web debugger and see what takes the time to load

Regards
Stuart

Re: Slow Web operation (0.28 on CentOS 6.9) [ In reply to ]
On 02/15/2018 03:59 AM, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> On 14/02/18 12:15, Ben wrote:
>> On 02/14/2018 03:06 AM, Tim Draper wrote:
>>> ---- On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 06:39:06 +0000 Ben <bkamen@benjammin.net> wrote ----

>>> more of a +1 to this, i too am getting it on a centos7 system.
>>> pretty sure i was also getting it on my old fedora25/myth27 install too. While the OS is fresh, the SQL database and hardware essentially remains the same.
>>>
>>> I've always put it down to using a pentium G3240 on the BE, but guess that might not be the case if your using a 16core cpu (thus not really a cheap entry level processor).

>> Hahah. makes ya wonder.
>>
>> This used to be snappy and honestly it's been running from a fresh install since 2011. Except for upgrading the CPU from 8 to 16 cores and memory...
>>
>> Just wondering what more I can do to debug what's going on.
>>
>>   -Ben
>>
> Open a web debugger and see what takes the time to load

Will do... more later..

 -Ben