Mailing List Archive

Mythweb with php 7.2
Can anyone confirm if mythweb works with php 7.2? Apache child process
crash hard with mythweb and php 7.2. I have not been able to find any
reported issue in the git repo. When I remove mythweb, the apache server
works correctly with basic phpinfo page.

Running mythtv 29.1 with the latest mythweb.
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
Re: Mythweb with php 7.2 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2018-02-01 at 21:08 -0500, Kevon wrote:
> Can anyone confirm if mythweb works with php 7.2? Apache child process
> crash hard with mythweb and php 7.2. I have not been able to find any
> reported issue in the git repo. When I remove mythweb, the apache server
> works correctly with basic phpinfo page.
>
> Running mythtv 29.1 with the latest mythweb.
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users@mythtv.org
> http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
> http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
> MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org

mine is working on 7.2, i am on arch linux all current packages. but
since 7.2 i get this message only in recorded programs listing page:

> Warning at /srv/http/mythweb/modules/tv/recorded.php, line 189:
> !!NoTrans: Use of undefined constant disk_used - assumed 'disk_used'
> (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)!!

at the top of that page but the normal output is under that message.
otherwise it is the same. but i remember having a problem until i
realized there was a whole new php.ini under 7.2 and i had to go in and
enable the correct settings (modules) in that file. again this is under
arch linux, so maybe check your php.ini settings.
Re: Mythweb with php 7.2 [ In reply to ]
On 02/01/18 21:21, glen wrote:
> On Thu, 2018-02-01 at 21:08 -0500, Kevon wrote:
>> Can anyone confirm if mythweb works with php 7.2? Apache child process
>> crash hard with mythweb and php 7.2. I have not been able to find any
>> reported issue in the git repo. When I remove mythweb, the apache server
>> works correctly with basic phpinfo page.
>>
>> Running mythtv 29.1 with the latest mythweb.
>> _______________________________________________
>> mythtv-users mailing list
>> mythtv-users@mythtv.org
>> http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
>> http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
>> MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
>
> mine is working on 7.2, i am on arch linux all current packages. but
> since 7.2 i get this message only in recorded programs listing page:
>
>> Warning at /srv/http/mythweb/modules/tv/recorded.php, line 189:
>> !!NoTrans: Use of undefined constant disk_used - assumed 'disk_used'
>> (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)!!
>
> at the top of that page but the normal output is under that message.
> otherwise it is the same. but i remember having a problem until i
> realized there was a whole new php.ini under 7.2 and i had to go in and
> enable the correct settings (modules) in that file. again this is under
> arch linux, so maybe check your php.ini settings.
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users@mythtv.org
> http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
> http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
> MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
>

Thanks for the info. I am on a different distro, but the php.ini is the
standard vanilla version. IIRC, I only had mysqli enabled in my pass
configs. Do you mind posting your php.ini on pastebin so I can compare?
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
Re: Mythweb with php 7.2 [ In reply to ]
>>
>> Thanks for the info. I am on a different distro, but the php.ini is
>> the
>> standard vanilla version. IIRC, I only had mysqli enabled in my pass
>> configs. Do you mind posting your php.ini on pastebin so I can
>> compare?
>
> i just took them from the wiki on arch : https://wiki.archlinux.org/ind
> ex.php/MythWeb and adjusted the open_basedir
>

Glen,
Thanks for the pointers. Turns out mod_mpm_event.so was causing my http
process to crash. Switching to mpm_prefork_module prevented the crash,
and started generating some meaningful php errors. Enabling the
mod_deflate.so and updating "open_basedir =" in the php.in file restored
full functionality.
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org