Mailing List Archive

Re: SPAM-LOW: Re: [Solved] mythtv v29 can't connect remote frontend
On Tuesday, 9 January 2018 04:24:18 GMT Jim Abernathy wrote:

> I’ll document all this for my own needs but I think it’s a bug. v0.28 when
> installed on Ubuntu Server didn’t have this problem.

> Jim A
>
> P.S. thanks to all those who helped.

Jim,

Any chance you could add this to the wiki?

Regards, Steve Goodey
Colchester, England
mailto://steve@goodey.org

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Re: SPAM-LOW: Re: [Solved] mythtv v29 can't connect remote frontend [ In reply to ]
On 01/09/2018 04:09 AM, Steve Goodey wrote:

On Tuesday, 9 January 2018 04:24:18 GMT Jim Abernathy wrote:

> I’ll document all this for my own needs but I think it’s a bug. v0.28 when

> installed on Ubuntu Server didn’t have this problem.

> Jim A

> P.S. thanks to all those who helped.

Jim,

Any chance you could add this to the wiki?

Last time I went down this path I could not get access to update the wiki. But there is a wiki that sort of covers it. In "Database Setup" at the end it says:

mariadb users should use the same concept. However, be sure to check /etc/mysql/my.cnf first to see the order of the files it includes. One example is:

!includedir /etc/mysql/conf.d/
!includedir /etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/

That means that changes made in the 'old' conf.d directory could be overwritten by changes in mariadb.conf.d. Also note that the individual .cnf files are parsed alphabetically. Since /etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/mysql.cnf contains a setting for bind-address, overriding it must be done in a file alphabetically greater than it. /etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/mythtv.cnf will work fine in this case. Just be sure that there aren't any other .cnf files that would override it's changes.

The problem as I see it is the v29 install of mythtv from the ppa:mythbuntu/0.29 repository puts mythtv.cnf in the /etc/mysql/conf.d directory instead of /etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/ directory.

If that were done, you wouldn't be looking in the wiki for help, but if you did it sort of points you to the problem.

Jim A

Regards, Steve Goodey

Colchester, England

mailto://steve@goodey.org