Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: New installation errors [ In reply to ]
On 09/25/2017 02:36 PM, Dick Steffens wrote:

...

> <LocalHostName>my-unique-identifier-goes-here</LocalHostName>

...

> The UserName and Password look correct to me. The LocalHostName seems strange. Is it supposed to have something else in there besides
> my-unique-identifier-goes-here?

...

That value is OK. It can also be blank. In both cases, the hostname
of the box will be used. Same as what the hostname command returns.

...

> I don't see anything that shows me scheduling information, like the old MythWeb. Is that supposed to be there, or is that something coming later?

It's there now (for me at least.) I hover over the vertical bar
on the left to see the other choices, like TV/Program Guide.

> I think I read somewhere that the old MythWeb would still be available. I still get "Unable to connect" when I go to 192.168.0.106. That's what
> I used to use to connect to my old Myth machine. (192.168.0.102)

You're right, it's still there.

nmap -p 80 192.168.0.106 will tell you if the port is open.
(I'm assuming that the address is the one that the frontend
is using to connect to the backend and therefore OK.)

--
Bill
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
Re: New installation errors [ In reply to ]
On 09/25/2017 01:30 PM, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 09/25/2017 02:36 PM, Dick Steffens wrote:
>
> ...
>
>> <LocalHostName>my-unique-identifier-goes-here</LocalHostName>
>
> ...
>
>> The UserName and Password look correct to me. The LocalHostName seems
>> strange. Is it supposed to have something else in there besides
>> my-unique-identifier-goes-here?
>
> ...
>
> That value is OK. It can also be blank. In both cases, the hostname
> of the box will be used. Same as what the hostname command returns.

Okay. I won't worry about that one.

>
> ...
>
>> I don't see anything that shows me scheduling information, like the
>> old MythWeb. Is that supposed to be there, or is that something
>> coming later?
>
> It's there now (for me at least.) I hover over the vertical bar
> on the left to see the other choices, like TV/Program Guide.
>
>> I think I read somewhere that the old MythWeb would still be
>> available. I still get "Unable to connect" when I go to
>> 192.168.0.106. That's what I used to use to connect to my old Myth
>> machine. (192.168.0.102)
>
> You're right, it's still there.
>
> nmap -p 80 192.168.0.106 will tell you if the port is open.
> (I'm assuming that the address is the one that the frontend
> is using to connect to the backend and therefore OK.)
>

rsteff@Enu-1:~$ nmap -p 80 192.168.0.106

Starting Nmap 6.40 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2017-09-25 13:56 PDT
Nmap scan report for Jetway.lan (192.168.0.106)
Host is up (0.00017s latency).
PORT STATE SERVICE
80/tcp closed http

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.06 seconds
rsteff@Enu-1:~$


--
Regards,

Dick Steffens

_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
Re: New installation errors [ In reply to ]
On 09/25/2017 03:58 PM, Dick Steffens wrote:
>
> rsteff@Enu-1:~$ nmap -p 80 192.168.0.106
>
> Starting Nmap 6.40 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2017-09-25 13:56 PDT
> Nmap scan report for Jetway.lan (192.168.0.106)
> Host is up (0.00017s latency).
> PORT   STATE  SERVICE
> 80/tcp closed http

Web server not started if it happens from all boxes.
Firewall preventing one box from connecting (sounds
odd.) Maybe there are clues in: /var/log/apache2 .

--
Bill
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
Re: New installation errors [ In reply to ]
On 09/25/2017 02:04 PM, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 09/25/2017 03:58 PM, Dick Steffens wrote:
>>
>> rsteff@Enu-1:~$ nmap -p 80 192.168.0.106
>>
>> Starting Nmap 6.40 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2017-09-25 13:56 PDT
>> Nmap scan report for Jetway.lan (192.168.0.106)
>> Host is up (0.00017s latency).
>> PORT STATE SERVICE
>> 80/tcp closed http
>
> Web server not started if it happens from all boxes.
> Firewall preventing one box from connecting (sounds
> odd.) Maybe there are clues in: /var/log/apache2 .
>

Apache not installed -- at least I assume it's not because there is no
/var/log/apache2.

I didn't install apache myself. I can easily do that, but what do I put
where to get MythWeb working?

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens

_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
Re: New installation errors [ In reply to ]
On 09/25/2017 01:30 PM, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 09/25/2017 02:36 PM, Dick Steffens wrote:
>
>> I don't see anything that shows me scheduling information, like the
>> old MythWeb. Is that supposed to be there, or is that something
>> coming later?
>
> It's there now (for me at least.) I hover over the vertical bar
> on the left to see the other choices, like TV/Program Guide.

Oops. I didn't see that the first time I looked.

Now I see it. And it even knows my favorites from the old database.

Now I need to change the amount of data on the screen. With the old
MythWeb, I set it up to show me 6 hours at a time. I assume that is
managed from the left menu > Setup > WebFrontend. When I try to go there
I get a dialog box that says,

http://192.168.0.106:6544 is requesting your username and password. The
site says: "MythTV"

I put in mythtv and mythtv, but it doesn't like those. I tried rsteff
and mythtv, and I tried rsteff and my login password I didn't expect
either of those to work, and they didn't. Where are these settings kept?

Thanks for your continued help.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens

_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
Re: New installation errors [ In reply to ]
On 09/25/2017 04:50 PM, Dick Steffens wrote:
>
> http://192.168.0.106:6544 is requesting your username and password. The site says: "MythTV"
>
> I put in mythtv and mythtv, but it doesn't like those. I tried rsteff and mythtv, and I tried rsteff and my login password I didn't expect
> either of those to work, and they didn't. Where are these settings kept?

It's admin and mythtv. The login and password are stored in
the DB, but there's no interface to change them right now.

--
Bill
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
Re: New installation errors [ In reply to ]
On 09/25/2017 04:10 PM, Dick Steffens wrote:
> On 09/25/2017 02:04 PM, Bill Meek wrote:
>> On 09/25/2017 03:58 PM, Dick Steffens wrote:
>>>
>>> rsteff@Enu-1:~$ nmap -p 80 192.168.0.106
>>>
>>> Starting Nmap 6.40 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2017-09-25 13:56 PDT
>>> Nmap scan report for Jetway.lan (192.168.0.106)
>>> Host is up (0.00017s latency).
>>> PORT   STATE  SERVICE
>>> 80/tcp closed http
>>
>> Web server not started if it happens from all boxes.
>> Firewall preventing one box from connecting (sounds
>> odd.) Maybe there are clues in: /var/log/apache2 .
>>
>
> Apache not installed -- at least I assume it's not because there is no /var/log/apache2.
>
> I didn't install apache myself. I can easily do that, but what do I put where to get MythWeb working?

Try: dpkg -l apache2 just to be sure it isn't
there. Other Web servers can be used, but that's
just the one Mythbuntu included years ago for my
system.

If you're starting mythweb from scratch, there should
be a README and INSTALL file wherever mythweb was
installed - such as: /var/www/mythweb .

--
Bill
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
Re: New installation errors [ In reply to ]
On Monday, September 25, 2017 4:10:39 PM MDT Bill Meek wrote:
> On 09/25/2017 04:50 PM, Dick Steffens wrote:
> > http://192.168.0.106:6544 is requesting your username and password. The
> > site says: "MythTV"
> >
> > I put in mythtv and mythtv, but it doesn't like those. I tried rsteff and
> > mythtv, and I tried rsteff and my login password I didn't expect
> > either of those to work, and they didn't. Where are these settings kept?
> It's admin and mythtv. The login and password are stored in
> the DB, but there's no interface to change them right now.

[28.12 on Fedora 24]

Neat! I totally forgot about this. My first impulse was to Information->View
Logs and the id/password worked, but I get a blank screen. Same for Utilities-
>Hardware Profile and Utilities->Database Tools. I assume these are not yet
working?

Too bad it totally flummoxes my Konqueror utility browser, but I suppose
that's inevitable.

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
Re: New installation errors [ In reply to ]
On 09/25/2017 03:10 PM, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 09/25/2017 04:50 PM, Dick Steffens wrote:
>>
>> http://192.168.0.106:6544 is requesting your username and password.
>> The site says: "MythTV"
>>
>> I put in mythtv and mythtv, but it doesn't like those. I tried rsteff
>> and mythtv, and I tried rsteff and my login password I didn't expect
>> either of those to work, and they didn't. Where are these settings kept?
>
> It's admin and mythtv. The login and password are stored in
> the DB, but there's no interface to change them right now.
>

That works.

Thanks.


--
Regards,

Dick Steffens

_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users@mythtv.org
http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org

1 2  View All