Mailing List Archive

Mythtv 0.27.6 and db schema problem
I have been running Mythtv 0.27.6 on Linux Mint 17.3 for several months
without a problem. I attempted an upgrade to 0.28.1 which failed due to
dependency issues, as these looked complicated to solve I decided to revert
to 0.27.6.

I had backed up the db and restored as per the wiki and this seemed to work
ok, ie the backend and mythweb seem to work ok. However, mythlink.pl and
optimize.sh report an error in the db schema:

Database schema 1317 not supported.
Bindings support schema version 1344

So it seems I have some code/data files leftover from 0.28.1 (which uses
schema 1344) in my 0.27.6 system.

I can't find where or what mythlink uses to return the erroneous schema
version message - can someone advise me how to solve this problem please?

thanks, paul

ps also posted to the mythtv forum troubleshooting, but realised this list
is more active.
Re: Mythtv 0.27.6 and db schema problem [ In reply to ]
On 09/10/2017 02:25 PM, Paul Shepherd wrote:
> I have been running Mythtv 0.27.6 on Linux Mint 17.3 for several
> months without a problem. I attempted an upgrade to 0.28.1 which
> failed due to dependency issues, as these looked complicated to solve
> I decided to revert to 0.27.6.
>
> I had backed up the db and restored as per the wiki and this seemed to
> work ok, ie the backend and mythweb seem to work ok. However,
> mythlink.pl <http://mythlink.pl> and optimize.sh report an error in
> the db schema:
>
> Database schema 1317 not supported.
> Bindings support schema version 1344
>
> So it seems I have some code/data files leftover from 0.28.1 (which
> uses schema 1344) in my 0.27.6 system.
>
> I can't find where or what mythlink uses to return the erroneous
> schema version message - can someone advise me how to solve this
> problem please?
>
> thanks, paul
>
> ps also posted to the mythtv forum troubleshooting, but realised this
> list is more active.
>
>
>

Perl bindings are installed here
/usr/local/share/perl/5.22.1/MythTV.pm
You could also check here, in case it used this location
/usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.22.1/auto/MythTV

Possibly because these are in /usr/local they are not being properly
handled by the package manager. You could also try searching for file
MythTV.pm, in case it is installed somewhere else or in case you have
two copies of it now in your system. That is the file that contains the
schema version information that is causing your problem.
Re: Mythtv 0.27.6 and db schema problem [ In reply to ]
On 10 September 2017 at 22:13, Peter Bennett <cats22@comcast.net> wrote:

>
>
> On 09/10/2017 02:25 PM, Paul Shepherd wrote:
>
> I have been running Mythtv 0.27.6 on Linux Mint 17.3 for several months
> without a problem. I attempted an upgrade to 0.28.1 which failed due to
> dependency issues, as these looked complicated to solve I decided to revert
> to 0.27.6.
>
> I had backed up the db and restored as per the wiki and this seemed to
> work ok, ie the backend and mythweb seem to work ok. However, mythlink.pl
> and optimize.sh report an error in the db schema:
>
> Database schema 1317 not supported.
> Bindings support schema version 1344
>
> So it seems I have some code/data files leftover from 0.28.1 (which uses
> schema 1344) in my 0.27.6 system.
>
> I can't find where or what mythlink uses to return the erroneous schema
> version message - can someone advise me how to solve this problem please?
>
> thanks, paul
>
> ps also posted to the mythtv forum troubleshooting, but realised this list
> is more active.
>
>
>
>
> Perl bindings are installed here
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.22.1/MythTV.pm
> You could also check here, in case it used this location
> /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.22.1/auto/MythTV
>
> Possibly because these are in /usr/local they are not being properly
> handled by the package manager. You could also try searching for file
> MythTV.pm, in case it is installed somewhere else or in case you have two
> copies of it now in your system. That is the file that contains the schema
> version information that is causing your problem.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users@mythtv.org
> http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
> http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
> MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
>
>
Thanks for the response Peter and you were 99.9% right!

I located copies of the MythTV.pm file in:

/usr/share/perl5/MythTV.pm
/usr/share/perl5/IO/Socket/INET/MythTV.pm

and the first one was from the 0.28 install with the schema set to 1344.

I downloaded the correct version from
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/tree/fixes/0.27/mythtv/bindings/perl and
also replaced the other .pm files (Channel, Program etc) in the
/usr/share/perl5/MythTV folder with the github version.

Optimize and mythlink now work correctly - many thanks.

Paul