Mailing List Archive

HDHomerun Connect: "idle" tuner keep streaming
Hi!

After the end of MythTV recording, when WebFrontend shows that none of
the encoders is recording, the tuner keep streaming to port 47224 of my
PC.

When I try to stop this from the command line with

hdhomerun_config <id> set /tuner0/channel none

it stops (the LED goes off), but after some time it starts again streaming.

hdhomerun_config <id> get /tuner0/status

reports however tuning to a different channel.

I will appreciate your comments and suggestions, as the situation is
rather annoying.

Best regards

Janusz

P.S. Why 'ps x' doesn't show me the MythTV backend?

--
,
Prof. dr hab. Janusz S. Bien - Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra Lingwistyki Formalnej)
Re: HDHomerun Connect: "idle" tuner keep streaming [ In reply to ]
On 09/09/2017 01:10 AM, Janusz S. Bie? wrote:
> After the end of MythTV recording, when WebFrontend shows that none of
> the encoders is recording, the tuner keep streaming to port 47224 of my
> PC.
>
> When I try to stop this from the command line with
>
> hdhomerun_config <id> set /tuner0/channel none
>
> it stops (the LED goes off), but after some time it starts again streaming.
>
> hdhomerun_config <id> get /tuner0/status
>
> reports however tuning to a different channel.
>
> I will appreciate your comments and suggestions, as the situation is
> rather annoying.

Sounds exactly like what you wanted to happen before you started using
the HDHR Connect, per your question in "EIT and HDHomeRun CONNECT":

https://lists.gt.net/mythtv/users/611138#611138

MythTV is activating the tuner to listen to the EIT stream data to get
your program listings.

Mike