I am using the workaround, to set end late for every recording I make.

But *there must be a solutions for this*. I recall it worked in the
beginning when I had it running on my old box.

Thanks!
Cheers,
Miro

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
Re: MythTV ends around 5 minutes sooner [ In reply to ]
On 08/09/17 09:41, Miroslav Pavlovic wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am facing the issue with recordings ending too soon. So I am missing
> around 5 minutes of the end.
>
> Any idea how to fix it?
>
> I am using the workaround, to set end late for every recording I make.

Manage Recordings > Recording Rules > Default (Template) > Schedule
Options > Start Early / Stop Late

Re: MythTV ends around 5 minutes sooner [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Sep 08, 2017 at 10:41:09AM +0200, Miroslav Pavlovic wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am facing the issue with recordings ending too soon. So I am missing around 5 minutes of the end.
>
> Any idea how to fix it?
>
> I am using the workaround, to set end late for every recording I make.
> But there must be a solutions for this. I recall it worked in the beginning when I had it running on my old box.

Is your clock synchronised? Do you, for example, use NTP? If your
station says the recording will end at 1959, but your clock is 5 minutes
fast, then MythTV will think it's 1959 at 1954 and stop recording. You
can probably spot this because recordings will also start 5 minutes
early.

--
For more information, please reread.
Re: MythTV ends around 5 minutes sooner [ In reply to ]
Yes, I am using ntp to sync my clock.

BR./Miro

Re: MythTV ends around 5 minutes sooner [ In reply to ]
Any idea why this is happening?

I am not using the frontend, only streaming via dlna and managing via
browser.

BR.
Miro

Re: MythTV ends around 5 minutes sooner [ In reply to ]
On 08/09/17 10:44, Miroslav Pavlovic wrote:
> Any idea why this is happening?
>
> I am not using the frontend, only streaming via dlna and managing via
> browser.

No idea why, if your clock is synced and your guide is getting good
data. But the default recording rule must be used by the backend, so I
would expect it to be editable via the browser. In the past I have
sometimes had dlna playback stop unexpectedly, though. Can you check
that it is reaching EoF?

John

Re: MythTV ends around 5 minutes sooner [ In reply to ]
On 09/08/2017 06:01 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 08/09/17 09:41, Miroslav Pavlovic wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I am facing the issue with recordings ending too soon. So I am
> missing around 5 minutes of the end.
>
> Any idea how to fix it?
>
> I am using the workaround, to set end late for every recording I
> make.
>

> Manage Recordings > Recording Rules > Default (Template) > Schedule
> Options > Start Early / Stop Late

Perhaps I am stating the obvious, but the Stop Late setting can also be
set to Stop Early. Also be aware that changing the template will only
fix new rules you set up after that, not existing rules that may already
have "Stop Early" set.

Also there are other stop late settings that potentially could be set
negative, thereby stopping early, in Frontend -> Setup -> General ->
Advanced -> Time to record past end of show and Frontend -> Setup ->
General -> Advanced -> Category record over-time.