Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: Upgraded to 29, mythmetadata lookup failing... [ In reply to ]
> I'm stumped. I'd try running the tests in two steps,
> like this (to simulate the mythtv environment better):
>
> sudo --set-home --login --user=mythtv
> /usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -v
>
> Thinking that user mythtv has a copy of some module
> in it's directory (done with pip install run without
> sudo for example.)
>
> OK, three steps: echo $PYTHONPATH while you're user mythtv.
>
> --
> Bill

Okay - That, along with the previous suggestion led to the solution! So the
command failed with the home directory set to mythtv, where it had
previously worked running as just the user mythtv. So this led me to check
the cache directory of /home/mythtv/.mythtv and sure enough, as previously
suggested, no tvdb_api directory existed for that user (I previously
checked my user's home directory). So I created that directory for the
mythtv user with the right permissions and lookup jobs now work.

Thanks!
Re: Upgraded to 29, mythmetadata lookup failing... [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Sep 17, 2017 at 9:15 AM, Peter Bennett <cats22@comcast.net> wrote:

> If the fedora packages do not have sufficiently up to date versions you
> can update them with pip.

Doesn't really work for me since I'm trying to update the package at RPM
Fusion... I need python-requests-cache updated. I'll ping the maintainer...

Thanks,
Richard

1 2  View All