a Core 2 Duo and ATI Radeon HD 2600 GFX has issues now that I've
switched from Kodi 16 to 17. The video is great, but the audio keeps
slipping further behind the video. It can be minutes if you let it run
long enough.

I know the hardware is old, but since Mythtv-frontend works, I know the
problem is Kodi. The Kodi forum is not much help. I figure there has
to be some Mythtv backend/Kodi frontend folks here.

Any ideas?

Re: Using Kodi with mythtv? [ In reply to ]
On 09/06/2017 07:10 AM, Jim Abernathy wrote:
> I have 1 backend running 0.28. It works as it's supposed to. All my
> frontends run mythtv-frontend as they are supposed to. However, my
> preferred frontend is Kodi.
>
> All my Kodi frontends are on 17.4, but my older iMac 24" circa 2007 with
> a Core 2 Duo and ATI Radeon HD 2600 GFX has issues now that I've
> switched from Kodi 16 to 17. The video is great, but the audio keeps
> slipping further behind the video. It can be minutes if you let it run
> long enough.
>
> I know the hardware is old, but since Mythtv-frontend works, I know the
> problem is Kodi. The Kodi forum is not much help. I figure there has
> to be some Mythtv backend/Kodi frontend folks here.
>
> Any ideas?

I used Kodi with MythTV a couple of years ago and I had a problem of
audio getting out of sync with video after a skip forward or back. It
seemed to be associated with the mpeg ts video file type. My solution
was to run a job that converted the files to mkv after recording. It is
very quick, takes just seconds and it eliminated the problem. Obviously
it did not help with Live TV or with watching a program that was still
recording.

In case you are interested -
https://github.com/bennettpeter/mythscripts/blob/master/install/opt/mythtv/bin/userjob_mkv.sh

I set it up as a user job for all recordings. It also has code to fix
subtitles. You will have to set up a few things to get it to work for
your environment.

Peter

Re: Using Kodi with mythtv? [ In reply to ]
On 09/06/2017 10:07 AM, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 09/06/2017 07:10 AM, Jim Abernathy wrote:
>> I have 1 backend running 0.28. It works as it's supposed to. All my
>> frontends run mythtv-frontend as they are supposed to. However, my
>> preferred frontend is Kodi.
>>
>> All my Kodi frontends are on 17.4, but my older iMac 24" circa 2007 with
>> a Core 2 Duo and ATI Radeon HD 2600 GFX has issues now that I've
>> switched from Kodi 16 to 17. The video is great, but the audio keeps
>> slipping further behind the video. It can be minutes if you let it run
>> long enough.
>>
>> I know the hardware is old, but since Mythtv-frontend works, I know the
>> problem is Kodi. The Kodi forum is not much help. I figure there has
>> to be some Mythtv backend/Kodi frontend folks here.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>

> I used Kodi with MythTV a couple of years ago and I had a problem of
> audio getting out of sync with video after a skip forward or back. It
> seemed to be associated with the mpeg ts video file type. My solution
> was to run a job that converted the files to mkv after recording. It
> is very quick, takes just seconds and it eliminated the problem.
> Obviously it did not help with Live TV or with watching a program that
> was still recording.
>
> In case you are interested -
> https://github.com/bennettpeter/mythscripts/blob/master/install/opt/mythtv/bin/userjob_mkv.sh
>

> I set it up as a user job for all recordings. It also has code to fix
> subtitles. You will have to set up a few things to get it to work for
> your environment.
>
> Peter
Recordings work fine, it's live TV that's the problem and only on the
iMAC that is a Core 2 Duo with ATI GFX.