Mailing List Archive

mythtv-light under raspbian stretch
I've just made the mistake of dist-upgrading my Pi3 frontend to raspbian
stretch. I failed to spot that it wanted to remove mythtv-light.

Now that it has done, I see the reason is - it is now missing libtag1c2a.

@Peter - any chance of compiling a version of mythtv-light for stretch?

Thanks and regards

Jeff
Re: mythtv-light under raspbian stretch [ In reply to ]
On 08/21/2017 03:21 PM, Jeff wrote:
> I've just made the mistake of dist-upgrading my Pi3 frontend to raspbian
> stretch. I failed to spot that it wanted to remove mythtv-light.
>
> Now that it has done, I see the reason is - it is now missing libtag1c2a.
>
> @Peter - any chance of compiling a version of mythtv-light for stretch?
>
> Thanks and regards
>
> Jeff

Raspbian stretch is just out. Hopefully it will be a better version. I
am working on building and testing MythTV. It looks like raspbian has
caught up to libtag1v5, which we have already been using on ubuntu for a
while. Also maybe stretch comes just in time for the updated ttvdb.py,
which cannot run on jessie.

Peter
Re: mythtv-light under raspbian stretch [ In reply to ]
On 21/08/17 21:38, Peter Bennett wrote:
> Raspbian stretch is just out. Hopefully it will be a better version. I
> am working on building and testing MythTV. It looks like raspbian has

Brilliant. Looking forward to it.

Thanks and regards

Jeff
Re: mythtv-light under raspbian stretch [ In reply to ]
On 21/08/17 21:38, Peter Bennett wrote:
> Raspbian stretch is just out. Hopefully it will be a better version. I
> am working on building and testing MythTV. It looks like raspbian has
> caught up to libtag1v5, which we have already been using on ubuntu for a
> while. Also maybe stretch comes just in time for the updated ttvdb.py,
> which cannot run on jessie.

I see that you have indeed now created packages for stretch. Thanks for
your work. Unfortunately, they don't work for me:

$ mythfrontend
mythfrontend: error while loading shared libraries: libGLESv2.so: cannot

Which is strange, as it is installed:

$ ldconfig -p | grep GLES
libbrcmGLESv2.so (libc6,hard-float) => /opt/vc/lib/libbrcmGLESv2.so
libGLESv2.so.2 (libc6,hard-float) =>
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGLESv2.so.2
libGLESv1_CM.so.1 (libc6,hard-float) =>
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGLESv1_CM.so.1

$ sudo ln -s libGLESv2.so.2 libGLESv2.so
$ mythfrontend
mythfrontend: error while loading shared libraries: libexiv2.so.14:

And here I am out of luck, as .13 is installed:

$ ldconfig -p | grep exiv
libexiv2.so.13 (libc6,hard-float) =>
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libexiv2.so.13

Any pointers on how to get things working (and yes, I did run rpi-update)?

Regards

Jeff
Re: mythtv-light under raspbian stretch [ In reply to ]
On 09/09/17 14:59, Jeff wrote:
> On 21/08/17 21:38, Peter Bennett wrote:
>> Raspbian stretch is just out. Hopefully it will be a better version. I
>> am working on building and testing MythTV. It looks like raspbian has
>> caught up to libtag1v5, which we have already been using on ubuntu for a
>> while. Also maybe stretch comes just in time for the updated ttvdb.py,
>> which cannot run on jessie.
> I see that you have indeed now created packages for stretch. Thanks for
> your work. Unfortunately, they don't work for me:
>
> $ mythfrontend
> mythfrontend: error while loading shared libraries: libGLESv2.so: cannot
>
> Which is strange, as it is installed:
>
> $ ldconfig -p | grep GLES
> libbrcmGLESv2.so (libc6,hard-float) => /opt/vc/lib/libbrcmGLESv2.so
> libGLESv2.so.2 (libc6,hard-float) =>
> /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGLESv2.so.2
> libGLESv1_CM.so.1 (libc6,hard-float) =>
> /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGLESv1_CM.so.1
>
> $ sudo ln -s libGLESv2.so.2 libGLESv2.so
> $ mythfrontend
> mythfrontend: error while loading shared libraries: libexiv2.so.14:
>
> And here I am out of luck, as .13 is installed:
>
> $ ldconfig -p | grep exiv
> libexiv2.so.13 (libc6,hard-float) =>
> /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libexiv2.so.13
>
> Any pointers on how to get things working (and yes, I did run rpi-update)?
>
> Regards
>
> Jeff

Did you update the pi firmware as indicated in
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi

i.e.
If you are running the August 2017 version of Raspbian Stretch you will
need to upgrade the firmware, as follows.
sudo apt update
sudo apt dist-upgrade
sudo rpi-update

Mine would not work until I did this.

I suspect the September version of Raspbian has the same issue but I
have not tested this.

Mike

Mike
Re: mythtv-light under raspbian stretch [ In reply to ]
On 09/09/2017 09:59 AM, Jeff wrote:
> On 21/08/17 21:38, Peter Bennett wrote:
>> Raspbian stretch is just out. Hopefully it will be a better version. I
>> am working on building and testing MythTV. It looks like raspbian has
>> caught up to libtag1v5, which we have already been using on ubuntu for a
>> while. Also maybe stretch comes just in time for the updated ttvdb.py,
>> which cannot run on jessie.
> I see that you have indeed now created packages for stretch. Thanks for
> your work. Unfortunately, they don't work for me:
>
> $ mythfrontend
> mythfrontend: error while loading shared libraries: libGLESv2.so: cannot
>
> Which is strange, as it is installed:
>
> $ ldconfig -p | grep GLES
> libbrcmGLESv2.so (libc6,hard-float) => /opt/vc/lib/libbrcmGLESv2.so
> libGLESv2.so.2 (libc6,hard-float) =>
> /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGLESv2.so.2
> libGLESv1_CM.so.1 (libc6,hard-float) =>
> /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGLESv1_CM.so.1
>
> $ sudo ln -s libGLESv2.so.2 libGLESv2.so
> $ mythfrontend
> mythfrontend: error while loading shared libraries: libexiv2.so.14:
>
> And here I am out of luck, as .13 is installed:
>
> $ ldconfig -p | grep exiv
> libexiv2.so.13 (libc6,hard-float) =>
> /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libexiv2.so.13
>
> Any pointers on how to get things working (and yes, I did run rpi-update)?
>
> Regards
>
> Jeff

This is surprising, because I did create a couple of new SD cards from
scratch and installed the mythtv-light package and they are running
fine. (MythTV V29).

It looks like you may have installed the jessie version on stretch.
Check your /etc/apt/sources.list. You should have stretch not jessie:

deb http://dl.bintray.com/bennettpeter/deb/ stretch myth29

or myth28 if applicable.

Which version of mythtv are you using?

Peter

Re: mythtv-light under raspbian stretch [ In reply to ]
On 09/09/17 16:24, Peter Bennett wrote:
> It looks like you may have installed the jessie version on stretch.
> Check your /etc/apt/sources.list. You should have stretch not jessie:
>
> deb http://dl.bintray.com/bennettpeter/deb/ stretch myth29
>
> or myth28 if applicable.
>
> Which version of mythtv are you using?

I've got

deb http://dl.bintray.com/bennettpeter/deb/ stretch myth28

as I am using v0.28.

Regards

Jeff
Re: mythtv-light under raspbian stretch [ In reply to ]
On 09/09/2017 11:01 AM, Jeff wrote:
> On 09/09/17 16:24, Peter Bennett wrote:
>> It looks like you may have installed the jessie version on stretch.
>> Check your /etc/apt/sources.list. You should have stretch not jessie:
>>
>> deb http://dl.bintray.com/bennettpeter/deb/ stretch myth29
>>
>> or myth28 if applicable.
>>
>> Which version of mythtv are you using?
> I've got
>
> deb http://dl.bintray.com/bennettpeter/deb/ stretch myth28
>
> as I am using v0.28.
>
> Regards
>
> Jeff

OK so the other way around, maybe you are installing the stretch version
of mythtv-light but your system is still running jessie.
Try this

lsb_release -a

You should see -

No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Raspbian
Release: 9.1
Codename: stretch

I checked on the libexiv2 (apt-cache search libexiv2), only version 14
is available on stretch, and you said you have version 13, so that is
either not stretch or perhaps some mixture of stretch and jessie.

If this was an SD card upgrade from jessie to stretch, I suggest you
rather create a new SD card for stretch.

Peter
Re: mythtv-light under raspbian stretch [ In reply to ]
On 09/09/17 17:45, Peter Bennett wrote:
> OK so the other way around, maybe you are installing the stretch version
> of mythtv-light but your system is still running jessie.

$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Raspbian
Release: 9.1
Codename: stretch

> I checked on the libexiv2 (apt-cache search libexiv2), only version 14
> is available on stretch, and you said you have version 13, so that is
> either not stretch or perhaps some mixture of stretch and jessie.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ apt-cache search libexiv2
libexiv2-14 - EXIF/IPTC/XMP metadata manipulation library
libexiv2-dbg - EXIF/IPTC/XMP metadata manipulation library - debug
libexiv2-dev - EXIF/IPTC/XMP metadata manipulation library - development
files
libexiv2-doc - EXIF/IPTC/XMP metadata manipulation library - HTML
documentation
libkexiv2-11 - Qt like interface for the libexiv2 library
libkexiv2-data - Qt-like interface for the libexiv2 library -- data files
libkexiv2-dbg - Qt-like interface for the libexiv2 library -- debugging
symbols
libkexiv2-dev - Qt-like interface for the libexiv2 library --
development files
libkf5kexiv2-15.0.0 - Qt like interface for the libexiv2 library
libkf5kexiv2-dev - Qt-like interface for the libexiv2 library --
development files
libexiv2-13 - EXIF/IPTC metadata manipulation library

But:

$ dpkg -l '*libexiv2*'

Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
||/ Name Version Architecture
Description
+++-=================================-=====================-=====================-========================================================================
ii libexiv2-13:armhf 0.24-4.1 armhf
EXIF/IPTC metadata manipulation library
un libexiv2-14 <none> <none>
(no description available)

Ah! And indeed

sudo apt-get install libexiv2-14

did the trick. Does that mean that mythtv-light is missing a depends: on
libexiv2-14?

Thanks for the help.

Regards

Jeff
Re: mythtv-light under raspbian stretch [ In reply to ]
On 09/09/2017 11:58 AM, Jeff wrote:
> h! And indeed
>
> sudo apt-get install libexiv2-14
>
> did the trick. Does that mean that mythtv-light is missing a depends: on
> libexiv2-14?
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Regards
>
> Jeff

I guess I need to change that, it has the dependency libexiv2-13 |
libexiv2-14 for both jessie and stretch, however it evidently needs the
one it was built with, and the stretch one was built with 14. I will
change that so that each version requests the dependency it needs
instead of accepting either.

How did you get in this situation? Was it an upgrade from jessie to stretch?

Peter