scheduler.cpp:2139 (HandleReschedule) Reschedule requested for PLACE
PrepareToRecord
Aug 11 06:58:00 buster mythbackend: mythbackend[2472]: I Scheduler
scheduler.cpp:2252 (HandleReschedule) Scheduled 401 items in 0.5 = 0.00
match + 0.00 check + 0.49 place
Aug 11 13:43:59 buster mythbackend: mythbackend[2382]: C thread_unknown
mythcommandlineparser.cpp:2595 (ConfigureLogging) mythbackend version:
fixes/0.27 [v0.27.6-18-gaba4858] www.mythtv.org
Re: Scheduled recordings didn't happen...backend log stopped until reboot [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 11 Aug 2017 13:58:13 -0400, you wrote:

>Was working late, so woke up around 1pm to discover that none of my morning
>shows recorded.
>
>The combined FE/BE was running and responsive. I checked the backend log.
>It shows activity at 6:58am as it prepares to record CBS This Morning but
>then the next lines don't show up until I woke up and rebooted.
>
>Where else can I try to solve this mystery?
>
>Aug 11 04:17:01 buster mythbackend: mythbackend[2472]: I ProcessRequest
>mainserver.cpp:1448 (HandleAnnounce) adding: discovery as a client (events:
>0)
>Aug 11 06:58:00 buster mythbackend: mythbackend[2472]: I Scheduler
>mythdbcon.cpp:409 (PurgeIdleConnections) New DB connection, total: 19
>Aug 11 06:58:00 buster mythbackend: mythbackend[2472]: I Scheduler
>scheduler.cpp:2139 (HandleReschedule) Reschedule requested for PLACE
>PrepareToRecord
>Aug 11 06:58:00 buster mythbackend: mythbackend[2472]: I Scheduler
>scheduler.cpp:2252 (HandleReschedule) Scheduled 401 items in 0.5 = 0.00
>match + 0.00 check + 0.49 place
>Aug 11 13:43:59 buster mythbackend: mythbackend[2382]: C thread_unknown
>mythcommandlineparser.cpp:2595 (ConfigureLogging) mythbackend version:
>fixes/0.27 [v0.27.6-18-gaba4858] www.mythtv.org

I had a problem similar to this, where there was nothing in the logs
that helped. It ultimately turned out to be two JFS storage groups
that were not mounting properly because they were in need of being
fscked. I think it can also happen when you have storage groups on
network drives and the connection gets into a bad state. Mythbackend
was actually running and trying to do things, but every time it tried
to access one of the bad storage groups it did a very long timeout.
And it accessed the storage groups sufficiently often that the sum of
all those timeouts made it appear to be completely locked up.
Re: Scheduled recordings didn't happen...backend log stopped until reboot [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 10:10 PM, Stephen Worthington <
stephen_agent@jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Aug 2017 13:58:13 -0400, you wrote:
>
> >Was working late, so woke up around 1pm to discover that none of my
> morning
> >shows recorded.
> >
> >The combined FE/BE was running and responsive. I checked the backend log.
> >It shows activity at 6:58am as it prepares to record CBS This Morning but
> >then the next lines don't show up until I woke up and rebooted.
> >
> >Where else can I try to solve this mystery?
> >
> >Aug 11 04:17:01 buster mythbackend: mythbackend[2472]: I ProcessRequest
> >mainserver.cpp:1448 (HandleAnnounce) adding: discovery as a client
> (events:
> >0)
> >Aug 11 06:58:00 buster mythbackend: mythbackend[2472]: I Scheduler
> >mythdbcon.cpp:409 (PurgeIdleConnections) New DB connection, total: 19
> >Aug 11 06:58:00 buster mythbackend: mythbackend[2472]: I Scheduler
> >scheduler.cpp:2139 (HandleReschedule) Reschedule requested for PLACE
> >PrepareToRecord
> >Aug 11 06:58:00 buster mythbackend: mythbackend[2472]: I Scheduler
> >scheduler.cpp:2252 (HandleReschedule) Scheduled 401 items in 0.5 = 0.00
> >match + 0.00 check + 0.49 place
> >Aug 11 13:43:59 buster mythbackend: mythbackend[2382]: C thread_unknown
> >mythcommandlineparser.cpp:2595 (ConfigureLogging) mythbackend version:
> >fixes/0.27 [v0.27.6-18-gaba4858] www.mythtv.org
>
> I had a problem similar to this, where there was nothing in the logs
> that helped. It ultimately turned out to be two JFS storage groups
> that were not mounting properly because they were in need of being
> fscked. I think it can also happen when you have storage groups on
> network drives and the connection gets into a bad state. Mythbackend
> was actually running and trying to do things, but every time it tried
> to access one of the bad storage groups it did a very long timeout.
> And it accessed the storage groups sufficiently often that the sum of
> all those timeouts made it appear to be completely locked up.
>

> Okay, well that narrows things down a bit. An external storage drive was
dying, so I moved as much as I could over to a Windoze system, took the
external drive out of ftsab and added the windows share. I had to reboot
the Win machine as I was doing some stuff, so perhaps that did it? One
note, I haven't told MythTV about the Windows share (I want to wait until
it's emotionally ready <g>) so the Myth box itself might have had problems
due to not finding the the Win box after it rebooted? Wonder if there'd be
any harm in putting 'sudo mount -a' in cron?