for Fedora 25 to become stable. I did the upgrade to Fedora 26 last
week on two machines and everything went very smoothly on both. The
Fedora upgrades have been very easy for me the last couple times. I use
RPMFusion for my Myth RPMs. One machine is an old Intel Q9400/Socket
775 (backend/frontend) and the other is a Zotac Ion (frontend).

Just thought I would mention it for people wondering if the Fedora 26
release is stable.

John

Re: Upgraded to Fedora 26 - no problems [ In reply to ]
On 08/08/17 03:51, jlistspam wrote:
> I saw a mention about someone just upgrading to Fedora 24 and waiting
> for Fedora 25 to become stable. I did the upgrade to Fedora 26 last
> week on two machines and everything went very smoothly on both. The
> Fedora upgrades have been very easy for me the last couple times. I use
> RPMFusion for my Myth RPMs. One machine is an old Intel Q9400/Socket
> 775 (backend/frontend) and the other is a Zotac Ion (frontend).
>
> Just thought I would mention it for people wondering if the Fedora 26
> release is stable.
>
> John

I have one issue that I haven't yet got to the bottom of [1].
When I'm running under Wayland (the f26 default) VAAPI fails to
initialize correctly, and therefore software decoding is used.

The workaround is to switch to to Xorg, which has to be done
when you login.

Regards
Stuart Auchterlonie

[1] - https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13104