Mailing List Archive

'Previously Recorded' screen shows only ancient history
My main mythbox says it is running frontend

Revision: v29-Pre-v0.29-pre-415-g27d348f

locally built for SL7 using an rpm specfile based on that from rpmfusion.

I recently noticed that the Manage Recordings > Previously Recorded
screen lists only recordings made between Jan 2005 and Nov 2014, with
one exception from Mar 2015. I remember that it used to show a detailed
list of recent stuff too, but I don't know when I lost that.

I have before-and-after DB backups from Nov 2014 when I started using
this hardware, and it seems quite likely that I messed up a hostname
change then. I've also imported a few recordings from other boxes,
using MythArchive native mode, perhaps with mismatched Myth versions;
they never appeared in this screen.

The system still knows about at least some of the 'missing' recordings.
It finds them with select > Edit > Schedule info > Previously recorded.

Another independent box, Fedora 25, same revision, seems ok but isn't
showing the list of recent unrecorded repeats etc that ISTR

Any hints on what it might be worth investigating?

TIA

John P
Re: 'Previously Recorded' screen shows only ancient history [ In reply to ]
On 15/06/17 10:25, John Pilkington wrote:
> My main mythbox says it is running frontend
>
> Revision: v29-Pre-v0.29-pre-415-g27d348f
>
> locally built for SL7 using an rpm specfile based on that from rpmfusion.
>
> I recently noticed that the Manage Recordings > Previously Recorded
> screen lists only recordings made between Jan 2005 and Nov 2014, with
> one exception from Mar 2015. I remember that it used to show a detailed
> list of recent stuff too, but I don't know when I lost that.
>
> I have before-and-after DB backups from Nov 2014 when I started using
> this hardware, and it seems quite likely that I messed up a hostname
> change then. I've also imported a few recordings from other boxes,
> using MythArchive native mode, perhaps with mismatched Myth versions;
> they never appeared in this screen.
>
> The system still knows about at least some of the 'missing' recordings.
> It finds them with select > Edit > Schedule info > Previously recorded.
>
> Another independent box, Fedora 25, same revision, seems ok but isn't
> showing the list of recent unrecorded repeats etc that ISTR
>
> Any hints on what it might be worth investigating?
>
> TIA
>
> John P

This looks a likely suspect; from 'mythfrontend -v database'

2017-06-16 23:45:18.924742 I MSqlQuery::exec(DBManager2) SELECT
oldrecorded.chanid, starttime, endtime, title, subtitle, description,
season, episode, category, seriesid, programid, inetref,
channel.channum, channel.callsign, channel.name, findid, rectype,
recstatus, recordid, duplicate FROM oldrecorded LEFT JOIN channel ON
oldrecorded.chanid = channel.chanid WHERE oldrecorded.future = 0 LIMIT
20000 <<<< Took 161ms, Returned 20000 row(s)

Re: 'Previously Recorded' screen shows only ancient history [ In reply to ]
On 6/16/2017 6:54 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 15/06/17 10:25, John Pilkington wrote:
>> My main mythbox says it is running frontend
>>
>> Revision: v29-Pre-v0.29-pre-415-g27d348f
>>
>> locally built for SL7 using an rpm specfile based on that from rpmfusion.
>>
>> I recently noticed that the Manage Recordings > Previously Recorded
>> screen lists only recordings made between Jan 2005 and Nov 2014, with
>> one exception from Mar 2015. I remember that it used to show a
>> detailed list of recent stuff too, but I don't know when I lost that.
>>
>> I have before-and-after DB backups from Nov 2014 when I started using
>> this hardware, and it seems quite likely that I messed up a hostname
>> change then. I've also imported a few recordings from other boxes,
>> using MythArchive native mode, perhaps with mismatched Myth versions;
>> they never appeared in this screen.
>>
>> The system still knows about at least some of the 'missing'
>> recordings. It finds them with select > Edit > Schedule info >
>> Previously recorded.
>>
>> Another independent box, Fedora 25, same revision, seems ok but isn't
>> showing the list of recent unrecorded repeats etc that ISTR
>>
>> Any hints on what it might be worth investigating?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> John P
>
> This looks a likely suspect; from 'mythfrontend -v database'
>
> 2017-06-16 23:45:18.924742 I MSqlQuery::exec(DBManager2) SELECT
> oldrecorded.chanid, starttime, endtime, title, subtitle, description,
> season, episode, category, seriesid, programid, inetref,
> channel.channum, channel.callsign, channel.name, findid, rectype,
> recstatus, recordid, duplicate FROM oldrecorded LEFT JOIN channel ON
> oldrecorded.chanid = channel.chanid WHERE oldrecorded.future = 0 LIMIT
> 20000 <<<< Took 161ms, Returned 20000 row(s)

Interesting. I have gone in and deleted old oldrecorded records for
things that will never be rebroadcast or that I will never want to watch
again, but I did that for performance reasons, not because I was aware
the info was cut off at 20000 records. I just checked and I'm up to
>17000 records. Looks like it's time to delete records for the daily
news broadcasts.

Re: 'Previously Recorded' screen shows only ancient history [ In reply to ]
On 17/06/17 19:10, faginbagin wrote:
> On 6/16/2017 6:54 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
>> On 15/06/17 10:25, John Pilkington wrote:
>>> My main mythbox says it is running frontend
>>>
>>> Revision: v29-Pre-v0.29-pre-415-g27d348f
>>>
>>> locally built for SL7 using an rpm specfile based on that from
>>> rpmfusion.
>>>
>>> I recently noticed that the Manage Recordings > Previously Recorded
>>> screen lists only recordings made between Jan 2005 and Nov 2014, with
>>> one exception from Mar 2015. I remember that it used to show a
>>> detailed list of recent stuff too, but I don't know when I lost that.
>>>
>>> I have before-and-after DB backups from Nov 2014 when I started using
>>> this hardware, and it seems quite likely that I messed up a hostname
>>> change then. I've also imported a few recordings from other boxes,
>>> using MythArchive native mode, perhaps with mismatched Myth versions;
>>> they never appeared in this screen.
>>>
>>> The system still knows about at least some of the 'missing'
>>> recordings. It finds them with select > Edit > Schedule info >
>>> Previously recorded.
>>>
>>> Another independent box, Fedora 25, same revision, seems ok but isn't
>>> showing the list of recent unrecorded repeats etc that ISTR
>>>
>>> Any hints on what it might be worth investigating?
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> John P
>>
>> This looks a likely suspect; from 'mythfrontend -v database'
>>
>> 2017-06-16 23:45:18.924742 I MSqlQuery::exec(DBManager2) SELECT
>> oldrecorded.chanid, starttime, endtime, title, subtitle, description,
>> season, episode, category, seriesid, programid, inetref,
>> channel.channum, channel.callsign, channel.name, findid, rectype,
>> recstatus, recordid, duplicate FROM oldrecorded LEFT JOIN channel ON
>> oldrecorded.chanid = channel.chanid WHERE oldrecorded.future = 0
>> LIMIT 20000 <<<< Took 161ms, Returned 20000 row(s)
>
> Interesting. I have gone in and deleted old oldrecorded records for
> things that will never be rebroadcast or that I will never want to watch
> again, but I did that for performance reasons, not because I was aware
> the info was cut off at 20000 records. I just checked and I'm up to
> >17000 records. Looks like it's time to delete records for the daily
> news broadcasts.

Hmm. I just tried 'select starttime from oldrecorded ;' and got 44596
rows. 'recorded' gave 862 rows.

But I only noticed the change in the page very recently.

John